Use of "feet" as unit of measurement

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Use of "feet" as unit of measurement

Postby RAC__ » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:50 am

Seconded!

It's a difference between American and British - the Yanks like using big numbers.

This could easily be sorted by changing the Kilometres/Miles setting to Kilometres/MilesFeet/MilesYards.

Whatcha think Waze?
RAC
RAC__

Postby retrocruizer » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:04 am

I disagree. I prefer the usage of feet. Some of the places like turns and things in my area are real close together so by using feet instead of yards will give me a more precise description a foot is smaller than a yard. Sometimes we have two turn offs going in the same direction that are real close together.
retrocruizer

Postby RogerIvy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:42 am

Agree - yards would be much better.
RogerIvy

Postby TheBlueMaxi2 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:15 pm

I'm a new user to Waze and I too find using feet instead of yards annoying. Should be trivial to reprogram. Another App I'm trialing has 4 options: Km or Miles/Feet or Miles/Yard or Automatic.
TheBlueMaxi2

Postby theHeatingEngineer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:51 pm

We have all got our preferred mix of large and small units. They are all valid and just show how peculiar (oops!) - different we are :-)
I would like to hear Miles and metres. I'm old and British, and on my first day at college (1972) the lecturers asked if we would like to use this new-fangled metric system. On being told some of the names for imperial units like the "slug", metrication won. I run the 100m, 200m and 400m sprints, but measure longer distances in miles. I know what a 1000 feet is but still convert it to meters to help me 'picture' the distance.
theHeatingEngineer

Use of "feet" as unit of measurement

Postby timpent » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:39 am

Dear Waze, please will you either get rid of feet as a unit of measurement and use yards instead, or at least allow users to choose between feet and yards.

When the voice says "Turn left onto XYX in 1000 feet" I have no intuitive idea of how far away 1000 feet is, however, I do know how far away 300 yards is. Feet as a unit of measurement in a SatNav app is just too small a unit.

Thanks
timpent

Postby tonytx05 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:35 am

Waze staff do not read these forums, so +1 here doesn’t do anything. Feature requests should be entered at https://waze.uservoice.com, you can use this forum to promote your submission there.

This has already been suggested so I suggest voting for it here if you’re interested: https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... ance-units
Area Manager: Andrews | Brazos County | Houston

[ img ][ img ]

If you edit in Texas, please make sure you read the following:
USA South Central Region Info | Best Practices | Edits to Avoid
tonytx05
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Vipa66 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:05 am

Please give us yards or at least allow us to mix miles and metres..

Feet is useless in the UK.. I switch waze on as I like the extra features it gives me over Google maps and then end up turning it off and using Google at the first mention of feet!

Feet just don't work!

I am very close to just giving up and uninstalling!
Vipa66

Postby world_2bvag6mm » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:03 pm

I'm using kilometres in the UK in preference to miles and feet. It's arrogant to assume that people in the UK will adapt to feet. How hard would it be to put a ÷3 in the software?
world_2bvag6mm

Previous

Return to Waze App Feature Requests