Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Timbones
Olestas wrote:When I open editor with places turned on, this thing happens after I click on any place.
I fixed an issue that was occurring on Firefox (v2.2). Let me know if that fixes it.

As for Chrome, I still can't see any problems. What errors do you see in the Developer console?
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
Yes, purple nodes have Restrictions, and this can be toggled on or off as required.

(Generally it's better to use restrictions on segments rather than nodes, and it's not necessary to have both)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Version 2.3: By poplar demand, I've added option to show segments without verified speed limits in orange. By default it will only show highlights on Primary Street or higher, but there's a secondary option to show the highlight on Streets as well. Roundabouts are never highlighted.

Not tested on Firefox, so let me know if you experience any problems. Chrome version to follow...

(Thanks for the patch, Glodenox, though I already has this in the works, slightly delayed by real life)
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
lg1992 wrote:I've found there're two kinds of purple nodes. Darker nodes indeed mark intersections with restricted turns. Brighter nodes I see on intersections that connect roads with pedestrian boardwalks marked as Unknown direction.
I think they might be highlighting turns with "reverse connectivity", controlled by the "Turn Warnings for Selected Nodes" option. These occur when a turn is enabled into a segment that is one-way or unknown direction. You can ignore them, as they have no effect on routing.

I can't see any problem with the Filter by Editor option though.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
This script will highlight segments with *unverified* speeds the same as segments with *no* speeds, as both require editor attention.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Here's a quick Sunday afternoon update (v2.5)
  • Moved red unnamed/new paved highlight to 'No Name' option
  • Added Routing Preference highlight
  • Fixed bug with saving/loading of No Speed Limit option (thanks glomp)
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Morais69spbr wrote:hmmm... BUT... isn't "No Name" different from "unnamed" (no name is not checked and name is blank!) ? ;-)
Yes, but "No Name" will be highlighted in orange, whereas 'unnamed' (or unconnected) will be highlighted in bright red.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
nzahn1 wrote:Quick question: Is there any Country where ramps have/need/require speed limits? Can we get consensus that they shouldn't be highlighted (similar to streets)? Or maybe their own checkbox.
I did consider excluding Ramps from the "no speed limits" highlight, as I didn't think they were common in my country. But, as I didn't know what the common practice was in other countries, I decided not to impose my personal impression on the whole world. ;)

Since then, I have come across one example where a ramp had an actual (non-advisory) speed limit on it. I vaguely recall that France often has reducing speed limits directly on exit ramps (?).

I would also agree that advisory speed signs probably don't need to be input as speed limits, but they will inevitably get added by an editor sooner or later, and they won't cause a problem for drivers. We should probably leave this to individual countries to decide on.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
SleepyBaker wrote:This script seems to be broken now the WME has been updated to include the news feed tab
I can't replicate any problems with this script. It's possible that another script has malfunctioned, and has caused this one to also fail. It works fine on my system, even after login.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
voludu2 wrote:Thank you for adding the highlight on speed limits. It is very useful.
Can you also add an option for unverified speed limits?
The script already highlights segments with unverified speed limits, or with no speed limits.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message