Post by matpearsonCool
I need to update my driveway for 11944 Simpson Rd Clarksville, MD 21029. Waze is sending deliveries and visitors to neighbors - 2 houses down. We all have very, very long driveways that look like short roads. How can I update?

matpearsonCool
Send a message

Post by mdswbkq
WranglerSport14 wrote:I'm making updates to my town. The main roads through town are L3. Can I be allowed L3 for a geographic area? I assume you're not going to give me L3 for the entire globe but I'm not sure what the options are. It would be the Myersville, Middletown, and Wolfsville geographic region. Rt 17 is L3 and actually I guess Rt 40 and Alt 40 are L4.
Hi, WranglerSport14 -- I'm the Area Manager for a region including Myersville and Middletown, but not as far north as Wolfsville. I'd like to encourage you to join the mid-atlantic region Discord channel like others have. Also, if you have any questions about how and why things have been done in the area map, you can DM me in the forum or in Discord. I can help with edits up to L3 (or unlock to a lower level for you to do the edit and then have it reviewed.

Welcome to Waze editing!

Mike
mdswbkq
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
AM: Central Maryland

Post by mtb2314
WranglerSport14 wrote:I'm making updates to my town. The main roads through town are L3. Can I be allowed L3 for a geographic area? I assume you're not going to give me L3 for the entire globe but I'm not sure what the options are. It would be the Myersville, Middletown, and Wolfsville geographic region. Rt 17 is L3 and actually I guess Rt 40 and Alt 40 are L4.
Hi WranglerSport14,

Welcome to Waze editing and thanks for volunteering your time to make the maps better! The Waze editor community follows a standard practice for editor "Rank" level as well as persistent access to areas or regions (as opposed to your automatic edit area based on where you drive with the app). However, we would be happy to assist you with whatever updates you would like to make, whether by approving Place updates you would like to make or "down-locking" roads to your editor rank so you can make edits to road segments.

Please check out the Waze wiki, created by the mapping community, as a resource to make quality map edits. Also, the Map editing best practices wiki page has a lot of great info. However, please be sure to read the rest of the wiki.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. We use Discord for chat, which provides real-time assistance and resources for local editors. Please fill out this form to join our Discord server (it's free and very easy to use). Waze champs and other editors use Discord chat to assist each other with a wide range of problems. Even by "listening" in, you can learn a lot. They will be glad to help you too and answer questions about editing.
mtb2314
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 4
Send a message
Tom N
mtb2314
MD State Manager / USA Country Manager
MD Wazeopedia
MD Editors Discord Chat
Waze Editing Best Practices

Post by mtb2314
WranglerSport14 wrote:Good morning. I need to add the eastbound alt 40 entrance to the CVS parking lot. Can someone unlock this segment for me? https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... s=22291474
Downlocked to L1.
mtb2314
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Tom N
mtb2314
MD Wazeopedia
MD Editors Discord Chat

Post by mtb2314
WranglerSport14 wrote:Good morning. I need to add the eastbound alt 40 entrance to the CVS parking lot. Can someone unlock this segment for me? https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... s=22291474
Relocked to L4. Thanks Wrangler!
mtb2314
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Tom N
mtb2314
MD Wazeopedia
MD Editors Discord Chat

Post by mtb2314
IntegrityHomesSales wrote:https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&l ... =524803969

Hello,

We build homes in National Harbor, MD and have opened a new phase. The old model address is currently listed at Integrity Homes Potomac Overlook 503 Halliard Lane but shows up at an even older model street (Rampart Way). We'd like to update to the new model address (500 Triggerfish Dr. National Harbor, Md 20745) - I have highlighted the street segment where the new address goes (home in front of 'A' is where the new model is).

I would also like to link our Google Business page and our website.

Website: https://www.yourintegrityhomes.com/mary ... -monument/
Google My Business: https://goo.gl/maps/HawtqoNLVhBqC2Lj6

Please let me know if you need more information!

Thanks,
Samantha
Hi Samantha,

Thanks for your message. Volunteer map editors had already set up the connecting roads in this phase (Reef Way, Harbor Port Way, Marina View Way) and added roads and house numbers for Triggerfish Dr and Windboard Way. The model home listing was not previously in Waze, so that pin to Halliard Ln appears to be coming from your old Google Business listing. Google Maps has already been updated to the new location, but Google has not added these new roads yet, so it probably won't route correctly in Google Maps until they do.

In Waze however, 500 Triggerfish Dr, National Harbor MD is routing correctly today, and your new "Integrity Homes at Potomac Overlook" listing will be active in Waze within a day or two. If you had previously used Waze to search for this, please remove any instance of this business listing search from your history and favorites by the following: https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6262570?hl=en.

Then, perform a new search and resave. If you don't remove the old results from your navigation or Favorites/Home/Work, then you will continue to be routed to the old coordinates.

Here is the location for the office of your model home in the Waze Map Editor: https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... 42.7843028

Feel free to send us another note when Halsey Way and Leigh Way are built out. They don't appear to be paved yet. Thanks for your updates and please let us know if we can help further with any Waze listings or addresses.

Thanks,
Tom
mtb2314
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Tom N
mtb2314
MD Wazeopedia
MD Editors Discord Chat

Post by mtb2314
JacobRosenbergPeaceful wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:56 pm Hi - Can anyone help me change where my home address is in Waze? It's zip code 20854.

Thank you - Waze currently has the location in the wrong place.

What is your address, including city?

Thanks,
Tom
mtb2314
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Tom N
mtb2314
MD Wazeopedia
MD Editors Discord Chat

Post by mtb2314
hippiekiller wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:45 pm I would like to be able to edit the following segment.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&l ... 830.668280

Reason: Race Pace has changed their name some time ago and I would like to update the name, hours, website and other details. Thank you for helping a newbie.

Unlock to level: 1

Thank you in advance,

Greetings,

There is currently a technical issue preventing Level 1 editors from making any edits to the Waze map. I have updated all 7 previous Race Pace locations to be Trek Bicycle stores. These locations are all set up in Waze with updated web site and store hours. All previously uploaded photos of Race Pace store fronts have been removed.

Trek Bicycle Baltimore Charles Village
3220 Saint Paul St

Trek Bicycle Baltimore Federal Hill
1414 Key Hwy

Trek Bicycle Columbia Maryland
6925 Oakland Mills Rd

Trek Bicycle Ellicott City
3258 Bethany Ln

Trek Bicycle Owings Mills
11000 Owings Mills Blvd

Trek Bicycle Towson
730 Dulaney Valley Rd

Trek Bicycle Westminster
1 Railroad Ave

I am a coach and league volunteer with the Maryland NICA league, and we just wrapped up Season 5 with the MICL Maryland MTB State Finals at Patapsco Valley State Park. Great season! I personally ride Trek bikes as well! Thank you!!

mtb2314
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Tom N
mtb2314
MD Wazeopedia
MD Editors Discord Chat

Post by mtb2314
matpearsonCool wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:31 pm I need to update my driveway for 11944 Simpson Rd Clarksville, MD 21029. Waze is sending deliveries and visitors to neighbors - 2 houses down. We all have very, very long driveways that look like short roads. How can I update? 
Volunteer map editor responding - thanks for your post. The address 11944 Simpson Rd Clarksville, MD has been adjusted, and the private driveway has been added to the map. We have also done the same for your immediate neighbors (11988, 11954, 11930), These updates should reach mobile devices within a few days. On rare occasions it can take closer to a week.

Please remove any instance of your address from your history and Saved places by the following: https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6262570?hl=en.
Then, perform a new search and resave. If you don't remove the old results from your navigation or Saved places/Home/Work, then you will continue to be routed to the old coordinates. Thanks!

mtb2314
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Tom N
mtb2314
MD Wazeopedia
MD Editors Discord Chat