These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Meteor5195
Update: after several weeks of driving my Subaru Outback with USB connected to the cigarette lighter power instead of to the USB input to the sound system, I can report:

- zero instances of Waze thinking I'm driving backwards
- Waze (via the underlying iOS) always knows exactly where I am, and in which direction I am driving, it is very precise now

It's a night and day difference. So anybody out there running into this issue, try disconnecting from a USB port that does anything other than provide power. It fixed everything instantly for me, and had no further issues since then.
Meteor5195
Send a message

Post by Mvan231
typ993 wrote:I recently updated to iOS 13, but there was no change in behavior.

This only occurs in the Outback. Waze works normally in my other cars (with non-factory headunits) when USB-attached.
When using CarPlay, Waze gets speed and location data from the vehicle interface. Likely need an update from Subaru
Mvan231
Send a message
- Mark
Mvan231 (3) MI AM
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)

https://s.waze.tools/c3.png

Post by peterlester
I am also experiencing this problem; it makes Waze almost useless.

Any suggestions on how to fix / troubleshoot?
peterlester
Send a message

Post by SteveGNinja64
I started having the "flip" issue too, after a recent update. The route changes 180 Deg. and the speed is constantly changing from 10 to 107 mph. I also had much problem with the auto-zoom feature. At least that can be turned off.
SteveGNinja64
Send a message

Post by TatayD
This started happening to me too. Is this a satellite issue?
TatayD
Send a message

Post by TroyWo
I have this same problem and have had it happening for a month now.
TroyWo
Send a message

Post by typ993
I've been having the same problem (2016 Subaru Outback Limited, 7" NAV) for a while. Unplugging USB instantly makes this problem go away and its always reproducible.

Has anyone other than DavidFromMA submitted a ticket on this? I might give that a shot, though if the issue is limited to 2015-2017 Outbacks, Google may just shrug.
typ993
Send a message

Post by typ993
I recently updated to iOS 13, but there was no change in behavior.

This only occurs in the Outback. Waze works normally in my other cars (with non-factory headunits) when USB-attached.
typ993
Send a message

Post by usa_9pahe551
I'm having the same problem with going backward on Waze while plugged into USB on 2016 Outback.  No problem with Google Maps.
usa_9pahe551
Send a message

Post by usa_qsulkl8q
Any update? I’ve been having this problem for over a year
usa_qsulkl8q
Send a message