Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2018.12.15.01

Added white-listing support. Huzzah!

To whitelist a Place click the green checkmark in the top right corner of that Place's section.
https://imgur.com/UtThb2e.png

An option is available in the settings to enable displaying white-listed Places. This is only necessary if you want all white-listed Places to display...more below.
https://imgur.com/4p7beYM.png

The images on the Places that have been white-listed will have a white border (see first screenshot). If a picture is in a PUR it will show with a red border. Images that are approved/active for a Place but you have not white-listed will display with a green border.

A Place that has been white-listed will display if there is a PUR or if there is a picture that has been added that you have not white-listed.

This is the first phase of the white-listing. I don't have as much time to work on scripts as I once did so I wanted to get this released seeing as how it was only a couple hours work but it has taken a week from start to finish. Next I want to add in flagging the Place if the name changes from what has been white-listed in the case where the Place went out of business/was taken over by another business. Any other ideas would be welcome.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
russblau wrote:I like the picture browser, but have two comments:

1) The green check-mark for whitelisting a place doesn't change when clicked, so you can't tell whether the place is currently whitelisted.

2) There doesn't seem to be any way to undo whitelisting. I clicked one checkmark by mistake and now I can't reverse it.
1 - The pictures gain a white border when it is whitelisted. I'll remove the checkmark as well.

2 - Why do you need to...? If you clicked it on accident review the pictures and remove the bad ones
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
JohnDoe75 wrote: - Enable to open a POI in an other tab when clicking on arrow
(if I want to delete a place, I click on arrow but when I open Viewer again I get another new scan centered with my actual position I then loose all pictures I hadn't checked)
If you close and re-open you aren't losing all pictures; you are just getting a new scan from your current location. If you utilize the whitelist feature it will reduce the number of results that you obtain when re-opening and makes it immensely easier to work large areas.
JohnDoe75 wrote: - Scan only in editable area.
I don't think I can report only in editable area, but only that are editable, which will prevent loading of Places that are above your rank. I'll add it in, though, since it's the best that I can do with what we have available.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
PatrickBLopes wrote:Hello,

When we click on the image viewer we also see the new places that need approval or not.

It could have a clickable option (Example: X to decline and V to approve).

So we would not have to leave the viewer screen.

Thank you
I requested the functionality be added to the API so I can do this several weeks ago and they just released it in the most recent beta. When it is available in production as well I will release this feature.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2019.01.17.01
  • Updating Google Link Enhancer (Thanks MoM!) - now draws a line and highlights the Places with the duplicated Google link
  • Adding hiding of the suggested categories when the category is set to Shopping / Services
  • No longer displaying Places in the Photo Viewer that are outside of your editable area
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2019.01.22.01

Removing RPP lock levels and EEP jump button - both implemented natively in production as of 2019-01-22
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
G_W1Z wrote:The new WME release may have affected the function that shows place names. They do not display by default if the options were already checked (Map Features: Show Place names, Show point names, Show area names, Show PLA name, Show lock level). If I toggle any of the checkboxes off and on, the names will appear. However, if I pan away from that tile to a new area of places, the names will not by default show. They will if I repeat the toggling step above.
I don't see this. Make sure you are on the latest version and try again.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2019.01.28.01

Adding option to enable/disabling hiding the shopping / services sub category suggestions.

PUR handling in the Photo Viewer - this will allow handling of new Place PURs and picture PURs
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2019.02.05.01

Bug fixes:
hours parser was not displaying
pla/copy/locator buttons were not displaying

Removed the Nav point link option that has been disabled for over a year: not going to re-implement
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
jm6087 wrote:
russblau wrote:New bug: Whenever creating a new RPP, the street name "None" box is checked, instead of using the name of the nearest street (yes, I've checked my PIE settings; I have all the boxes under "New Places" enabled). This happens whether creating the place from the menu bar, or using the ALT+R shortcut.
Justin just commented about this in Discord. He said he thinks it is BED and will look into tomorrow.
No, I didn't say that. The console error reported in Discord was from BED. The issue reported is an issue in PIE and I will look at it tomorrow.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message