Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by ojlaw
it seems the most recent update to WME has broken WAL. when scanning WAL will lock up on the first item that it is scanning for. of course it could be user error(it often is in my case) but it was working great before WME 1.39 then the day 1.39 was released it stopped working. let me know if you need any more info. thanks!
ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
roarlions1 wrote:Hi--How do you define the area to search? I can't seem to draw a box and I'm working at Zoom Level 2 which I thought was OK if you're just looking at places. Thanks!
create a new area place in WME of the area you want to scan but don't save it. then go to the areas tab in WAL give the area you created a name under add custom area then click add. then you should see that area in the list.

i haven't been able to get the places plugin to work for the last week though.

hope that helps, o
ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
juliansean wrote: Great explanation, thank you. The "don't save" was getting me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
were you able to get the places scan working?
thanks, o
ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
that's interesting. i didn't know you could export to browser for large scans that will hang when it creates the CSV. i always just made smaller areas to scan. it seems like the CSV limit is around 10,000 lines, at least that's around where i've seen it fail on basemap scans.
ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
no problem. i just checked some notes i had. one area had about 10,400 PLs and the scan failed to CSV. once i split it in half the scans came out to 6,500 and 3,900 and the scans exported to CSV. so the limit seems to be somewhere between 6,500 and 10,400. just a small range to narrow it down ;)
ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
feature request- scan for only roundabout. exclude roundabout is an option but sometimes i'm trying to find just roundabouts.

also, i'm not sure if it's just me or working as designed but after scans when WME re-adds the layers(from the no layer scan state) there are more layers present on the map. these layers are layers from other scripts such as FC layer, Zip Codes, and Counties(hmm, looks like those are MoM scripts). the layer check box for those layers is still unchecked but they are definitely on the map. then if i click a permalink from the WAL scan the new tab will open with those layers on. I'm wondering if there is a way to make those layers not turn on after a scan?

thank you for all your hard work!
ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
yes i'm running 1.4.4. i just did a few scans and it looks like the only offender now is FC Layer populating after the scan. may bad for thinking the others i mentioned were there too. FC layer is pollutes the screen so i hadn't noticed that the others weren't there.
ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
would it be possible under the Turn Guidance section to add an option to find turn instructions that have incorrect case(not Sᴍᴀʟʟ Cᴀᴘꜱ) for Nᴏʀᴛʜ, Sᴏᴜᴛʜ, Eᴀꜱᴛ, Wᴇꜱᴛ, ᴛᴏ?
thanks for the consideration.

edit: if that isn't possible would it be possible to include the text in the shield and free text info in the scan results? or if i'm being greedy both include the text in the scan results and check for incorrect case.
ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
ldriveskier wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:49 pm
ojlaw wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:08 pm would it be possible under the Turn Guidance section to add an option to find turn instructions that have incorrect case(not Sᴍᴀʟʟ Cᴀᴘꜱ) for Nᴏʀᴛʜ, Sᴏᴜᴛʜ, Eᴀꜱᴛ, Wᴇꜱᴛ, ᴛᴏ?
thanks for the consideration.

edit: if that isn't possible would it be possible to include the text in the shield and free text info in the scan results? or if i'm being greedy both include the text in the scan results and check for incorrect case.

If you do this and include free text, there may be a lot false positives where there shouldn't be small caps (eg, West Virginia, West St, etc).

i would prefer having the option to get false positives rather than nothing. or add a regex field for these searches. just an idea

ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message