low nav volume

Post by 3375071aa8884b5db46e95be5b8b3b5d
Hello All,
Ist. time post, long tine user of Waze......my question:
Yesterday going into DC, my wife entered the directions in her iPhone Xs Max. When the directions began, the volume was so low as to be indistinguishable. At first, thought she had her phone on silence, NO. The volume was at max. Looked at the settings in Waze, the volume was at max.
So, we entered the directions into my cell (iPhone Xs), it worked fine.
She called Apple support told them what was going on, they suggested they perform a diagnostic review of her phone. They did and found nothing! ( insert head scratching). Yes, both phones are updated.
Anyone, experience Waze directions low volume output?
Thanks for any replies
KenA
Severna Park, MD
3375071aa8884b5db46e95be5b8b3b5d

POSTER_ID:17633794

Send a message
KenA
Severna Park, MD

Post by jr1982jr
My first thought was whether you are using bluetooth or the iPhone speaker, as these are very different issues.

If you're using the speaker, I will let the Apple users speak here as I know my android has different volumes for different things. I would think that the Apple geniuses would have covered that though.
jr1982jr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by mtb2314
Hi KenA,

Thanks for your post! First of all, I just wanted to say, I am sorry to hear about your wife's issue with the Waze app. While I have heard about some recent new features with the Waze app regarding sound and music, I am not familiar with this particular issue. As Waze map editing volunteers, unfortunately we don't have much direct insight into those kinds of features. However, when I have personally experienced weird behavior in the app, I sometimes have had to resort to uninstalling the app and re-installing it. Usually that solves the issue.

If your wife continues to have problems with the Waze app on iOS, I would suggest looking at Waze support information here:

https://support.google.com/waze

I am sorry we can't be more helpful. I hope you and your wife can get it sorted out.

Thanks and Happy Wazing!
3375071aa8884b5db46e95be5b8b3b5d wrote:Hello All,
Yesterday going into DC, my wife entered the directions in her iPhone Xs Max. When the directions began, the volume was so low as to be indistinguishable. At first, thought she had her phone on silence, NO. The volume was at max. Looked at the settings in Waze, the volume was at max.
She called Apple support told them what was going on, they suggested they perform a diagnostic review of her phone. They did and found nothing! ( insert head scratching). Yes, both phones are updated.
Thanks for any replies
KenA
Severna Park, MD
mtb2314
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 4
Send a message
Tom N
mtb2314
MD State Manager / USA Country Manager
MD Wazeopedia
MD Editors Discord Chat
Waze Editing Best Practices

Post by nzahn1
3375071aa8884b5db46e95be5b8b3b5d wrote:Hello All,
Thanks for any replies
KenA
Severna Park, MD
Hi Ken!
Another SP native here, and seeing that you might not have gotten this resolved. For a while, there has been a little know bug on the iOS app that allows users to turn down the volume of the Waze App specifically, but only when the voice is talking. The only way to correct the problem was to catch the voice as it was talking and use the physical volume buttons on the phone to raise the voice level. This bug has been reported to staff previously, and I don't know the current status (or if this fix still works). Hopefully this is a little help for you, or that your situation resolved itself in the meantime.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter