Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME AltCity v.20240122001

Post by russblau
WME AltCity is a script that simplifies adding an alternate street to one or more segments, with the same name but a different city than the primary street. Requires GreaseMonkey.

Download here.

FYI, if you have installed WME ClickSaver, which also has an "Add Alt City" control, this script will hide the ClickSaver link, but will not interfere with any of the other features of that script.

russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1

POSTER_ID:11539915

Send a message
Last edited by russblau on Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:04 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Post by juliansean
Just an FYI the latest WME update has broken your wonderful script. Won't actually add an alt city any more.
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by juliansean
Sweet! Thanks! Love your script. Use it daily.
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by JustinS83
russblau wrote:WME AltCity is a script that simplifies adding an alternate street to one or more segments, with the same name but a different city than the primary street. Requires GreaseMonkey.

Download here.

FYI, if you have installed WME ClickSaver, which also has an "Add Alt City" control, this script will hide the ClickSaver link, but will not interfere with any of the other features of that script.
I'm glad someone else took up the responsibility of doing this...it's been on my I-should-do-this-but-I-hate-working-with-segment-naming list for a year :)

After some quick testing, it seems that this doesn't work if the city name is not already seeded in the area such that it comes up in the autocomplete drop down, but setting the city name still allows the script to increment the change counter and for it to save, but no changes are made.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kstor_80
hello!

Is it just me or the script is not working anymore? I do not see the button anymore.  :(

kstor_80
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by kstor_80
I'm with Chrome, MacOS, and on both prod and beta I have nothing. But, I checked, and the script does not appear anymore in my list of script under the chrome's tampermonkey icon... Which is strange because when I try to reinstall it, it is indeed marked in Tampermokey as installed with the last version...  So it seems to be something wrong on y side. very strange. :?

kstor_80
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by kstor_80
OK, solution found! When looking at the code and the address bar (on my side : for example: https://www.waze.com/editor?env=row&lon ... 262&zoom=2)

So actualy, 2 url matches are missing to match the URL I'm been given by Waze:

// @match          https://www.waze.com/editor*
// @match          https://beta.waze.com/editor*

After updating that in the code, it works again!  
kstor_80
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by pcbman
I have a suggestion/idea that might make it easier to use and save some problems. I recently had a few streets change direction on me while using the alt city script. It turned out that I didn't realize the cursor was not in the field after clicking the alt city link. I started to spell the city and the keyboard shortcut keys were active and it changed street directions on me. (Zirconia) was the city name an when I hit the "r" it went from 2 direction to A>B. Would it be possible to change the script so that when you click the alt city link that the focus goes to the field you are going to type the city in, that makes sense since it's why you clicked on it in the first place. Great script by the way. Very useful for changing multiple segments at once.
pcbman
Send a message