Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Post by turnertr
How many times have we truly encountered when an Airport has taken up a large amount of space that something else on the map should have been in? Typically even the remote airports, are in areas where it is the only thing in the vicinity. I know a lot of people have the age old argument about area places around here, but what are we really cluttering up where an airport goes. I side with sketch in the fact that there isn't a reason to limit what an airport is.
turnertr
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by turnertr
I would say those descriptions cover just about most what has been brought up.
turnertr
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by whathappened15
I realize I'm late to the party here, but reading back one I notice other advantage of the Airport AP in the app (in addition to basic orientation) that hasn't been mentioned. Seeing an AP for "XYZ Airport" can help users understand the low flying aircraft they may observe over the roadway, even (especially) when airport facilities are not directly visible to the user. I would suggest adding a clause to the proposed Scope paragraph for airports whose approach or departure routes immediately cross over roadways.
whathappened15
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message