Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
SunDevil2213 wrote:I realize some may see value in adding a different color for temporarily closed places, but a suggestion would be to add an option to not highlight temporarily closed places for those of us who don't see the value in it. Due to COVID, a ton of stuff is temporarily closed, so now I'm seeing yellow around everything and my mind thinks there's problems everywhere. Appreciate the work and effort you put in to this, don't get me wrong, but I'd rather be able to turn this new feature off.

Cheers
Ryan
Do you not mark the Waze Places temporarily closed? If you are, how do you know they are temp closed? This should make it far easier to do so.

Something having a highlight doesn't mean there is necessarily a problem, just that something might need your attention.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
jm6087 wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:Do you not mark the Waze Places temporarily closed? If you are, how do you know they are temp closed? This should make it fair easier to do so.

Something having a highlight doesn't mean there is necessarily a problem, just that something might need your attention.
I wouldn't mark the place as temporarily closed in WME, that just means having to remember which ones are no longer temp closed and changing things back.

BUT

I think the highlight is extremely valuable because when we get a PUR marking a place closed, we can see that it is temporary and not permanent.
Well, I certainly wouldn't mark school as temp closed, but businesses...possibly? It is better to mark something temp closed so a user doesn't route to it to find out it is closed, IMO.

Cleaning them up afterward can be time consuming, but URs stating they are no longer temp closed help with that and so do tools that let you highlight or search for Places with "temporarily closed" in the name. You can actually fairly easily do that with Enhanced Search: /temporarily closed/, or PIE's filter option to show only places with "temporarily closed" (although I do need to update that to clear the displayed names :? ) in the name.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
SunDevil2213 wrote:I get that there is value - in certain circumstances - to see that highlighting. I just don't want to see places all over the map marked with this new yellow because my mind is thinking it's a duplicated Google place. It would be nice to be able to toggle just this feature on/off so it could be easily used in the case you described (checking a PUR), but it diminishes my experience to always see this highlighting all the time everywhere. Like I said, I know you guys put a lot of work into this stuff and the "nice to have" stuff is probably a lot more complicated to implement. So I'll just disable the link enhancer.
Not saying I won't add it at all, just trying to understand the need for it to justify making the change. I doubt I'll be able to get it done today (have to modify two scripts to do so) but I'll add it to my list.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2020.08.17.01

Added option to hide the temporary closed Places highlight from Google Link Enhancer
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Horizon911 wrote:Since approx 2 days ago I've started to experience the problem related to PIE (version 2020.08.17.02):
When "Enable geometry modification options" is enabled, I cannot successfully select area places. After clicking the area place, the geometrical nodes appear for a second and than disappear. The place remains selected, but I cannot modify its shape.
Do you have the resize option enabled? This is the only time this "issue" is seen and the tooltip tells you exactly what is going to happen.

https://imgur.com/tJF12tO.png
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
sh-oded wrote:From today, Hebrew names are displaying LTR and not RTL.
Probably true for other RTL languages.
Probably prod WME was updated, since till today it was only in the Beta WME.
What names are you referring to?
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
WazingArch wrote:Hello, may I request the following improvement of an existing feature if possible. With the introduction of multiple entry points, it became needed to see the closest segment to each entry point, not just to one.Here is a place with multiple entry points.
Ahh, yes. The code is mostly there for this already, I just forgot to complete it after the feature was released. I'll put it on my list
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
reuvenirony wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:46 pm
reuvenirony wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:59 pm Hi
Unfortunately it doesn't fix the issue at all :cry: . Same behaviour, no change.
See for instance here: https://www.waze.com/editor?env=il&lon= ... 980&zoom=7
Thanks,

Just a reminder  :(

I will not be making changes to the script to accomodate this at this time.  This bug was brought up to staff (a staff member actually mentioned it to me  :lol: ) 8 months ago, however, so I will pester them again about getting it fixed.

JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
lg1992 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:47 am I tried to replace hours for this place from "Mon- Thu, Sun 10:00-13:00" to "Mon- Thu, Sun 08:00-13:00" and got an exception on the following line:

Code: Select all

var lngFullDate = I18n.translations[I18n.locale].date.abbr_day_names.map(function(value) { return value.toLowerCase(); })
Exception.png

This was fixed a while ago, update to the latest.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Caart wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:18 am
turbomkt wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:53 am
Caart wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:37 am Hello
Suggestion of evolution: when merging two Area POIs touching each other, would you be able to add a checkbox to merge the shape of the deleted POI in the shape of the kept POI?
This could be useful for example when two parts of the same forest have been mapped separately for no reason.

Thanks for this script.

You're asking for an option to use the geometry of two separate places and merge them into a single shape?  You're aware that the ability to merge venues is a native WME function and not from a script?

Yeah, I know that merge venues is a native function, but you can keep the shape of only one of the merged venues.
I'll make a suggestion for WME, but I'm pretty sure it could come quicker out of a script ;)
Isn't that the aim of scripts to pimp native functions?
I'd do it myself if I knew coding :(

There is already an option in PIE that allows you to see/copy the area place geometry out/paste in a new geometry and apply.  I would suggest using this.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message