Post by herrchin
Kartografer wrote:Turns out this section exists but has some outdated information.
Oh jeez, that page is almost outdated enough to be set completely on fire. Where it's meta data for other well-understood mechanisms, it's mostly fine, but much of the other information is inaccurate or old. "Penalty points" makes me want to apply golf analogies...

I'd probably propose instead that its relevant content be merged into the Routing Server page, and the old URL made a redirect. It has a fair number of pages referencing it, so when doing so, we'd probably want to update primary links in all places as well. Or make it a transclude. The Routing Server page also needs related tune-up work.
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by sketch
This looks good. I would love to dig into some of the Continuity wording, I hope to find the time soon.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
I would tend to agree, that as MH isn't pruned, it's not necessary to augment road type above MH.

There is a possibility that some arcane parts of the routing system might prefer Freeway a bit above MH, though, and just doing it across the board makes thinking of continuity a little bit easier.

I lean towards the former, though (no need to augment past MH). And one thing that concerns me, that I'm not sure if I've ever answered myself: does augmenting a MH +1 to "route as Freeway" mean that "Avoid Freeways" will avoid it? That is the only big functional difference between Freeway and MH, as far as I know.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by voludu2
I suggest
* Move forward with your draft as proposed.
* take an inventory of related pages and address outdated information on each in turn
* then decide on common information that can perhaps be turned into a "
transcludable"
voludu2
Send a message