• Discount Fuel Deals
  • Excol
  • Gala
  • GO (the cheapest in Dublin/Ireland)
  • Inver
  • Stewarts Oil
  • Tara Oil
  • Xpress Stop
That's what I found in the cheapest Top10 in different counties among the missing ones..
lsin023
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by lsin023
davidg666 wrote:Alright - I've submitted these ones to Waze for inclusion in the editor. I'm not sure if they should appear automatically, or if they'll need to be reminded to add them.
Just to confirm that the list of petrol brands has been updated.
They are in WME since 23/12/15. ;)
lsin023
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by lsin023
For the time being, there's no issue in Ireland as the petrol price feature hasn't been activated yet, so no possibility to enter anything at all! :D
I hope that Waze will let us enter (once activated) either €n.nnn (not just €n.nn) or [n]nn.n¢
David, maybe poking Waze about the exact format would avoid the issue that they have in UK (and maybe to have the feature activated a bit sooner... :) )
lsin023
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by lsin023
According to this spreadsheet, 92.21% on 15/07/16.
We requested Waze HQ to activate Petrol price feature last year and poked them again yesterday.. They said they are still working on it.. :roll:
lsin023
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by lsin023
I agree with Diarmuid: Wazers should be able to enter what they see without mental gym => XXX.X (as in UK)
:)
lsin023
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by lsin023
Hey David,

Don't forget to ask them to change the currency to "¢" if they decide to set the format to "NNN.N"
;-)
lsin023
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Last edited by lsin023 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by lsin023
It affects what currency symbol is displayed at the bottom right.
In UK, the format is "NNN.N" and the currency is "p" instead of "£".
In Ireland, the format should be "NNN.N" and the currency "¢" (eurocent, ALT+0162) instead of "€" I guess..
Waze_UK_FuelPrice.jpg
(35.19 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
lsin023
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by lsin023
davidg666 wrote:I'll ask for a lower-case letter 'c' though, not the '¢' symbol, because there is no defined symbol for a euro cent, only the euro symbol itself ('€').
I have to agree with you as I cannot find the "official" eurocent symbol! :)
lsin023
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by lsin023
davidg666 wrote:Actually, come to think of it, maybe we don't need a symbol at all in the app, except perhaps for the benefit of travellers from a different country, because everybody knows that prices are in cent.
It's very confusing for foreign visitors from the continent as other European fuel prices (except UK/Ireland) are in displayed in N.NNN € in all petrol stations (and Waze) as far as I'm aware of.
lsin023
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by lsin023
DonalHunt wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:47 pm Updating petrol / diesel prices seems to be very hit and miss right now. Does Waze have some rule that requires updates to be within a certain threshold? Can it be adjusted for Ireland so drivers can update fuel prices again (many of my updates fail because there is too much of a difference between the old price and the price I'm submitting)?

I managed to add +50c for one station but it failed for another.. 🙄

Unfortunately, the only workaround that works for me is to submit intermediate price(s) within the threshold before the real price.

The number of attempts is also limited. Once the number of submissions reached, I had to wait for a few minutes before it accepts new values..
Submitting empty values first doesn't work for me anymore.

lsin023
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message