Wrong language using voice navigation

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Wrong language using voice navigation

Postby R0N1S » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:31 pm

I've received an answer from support as follows.
"OK, I've checked with the devs, the voice command feature works on the local voice prompts TTS (including street names) so there is no way to change the voice commands to a different language.
I've forwarded this to our product manager to consider to add more languages to the voice commands."

Asked to forward the following text to the devs.
"1. Russian language has nothing to do with Latvian official language. With this kind of approach you could as well choose Japanese, Thai, German or French for Latvia. Unless you have Latvian language, please change the language used for voice commands to English (it's at least considered to be international).
2. The "local approach" to voice commands in general looks rather awkward to me. How am I supposed to report road hazard, accident or police trap driving in other country (f.e. France)? In French? Seriously? What if drive to Italy from there? IMHO this approach ruins the whole idea. Please consider giving people an option to use the fixed voice commands language to preserve usability."

I hope the devs are able to rectify this issue very soon.
R0N1S

Postby upperKWT » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:08 pm

also in Estonia is only option for voice commands still russian :roll:
sound set english US
and also general - language is english
upperKWT

Wrong language using voice navigation

Postby VegasAlien » Mon May 20, 2013 5:06 pm

I have English listed as my language but when I tried to use the voice command in navigation a strange script showed up in the query box and I cannot tell what it is trying to do.
VegasAlien

Postby Zm0gis » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:27 pm

Is this bug still in fixing process ? Did it even got started fixing ? Because i have same problem with russian voice in Lithuania. Is putin taking over waze ? o_o joke.
Zm0gis
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing