The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by HandofMadness
I noticed the Firefox version has a later version and more features than the Chrome version. Is development stopped on the Chrome version? Or is the link in the wiki out of date?
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
kentsmith9 wrote:
dave_cairns wrote:The file has been packaged using Chrome, but an unzipper like 7zip will read its contents.
OK. That is my point. The ZIP file you attached is not universally unzippable. I am using the very popular WinZIP Pro from 2011 and it will not unzip this file. I can certainly go get a different unzip application, but if you have a way of zipping with something less unique that might help.

Either way thanks so much for your work on this matter.
http://joyreactor.com/tag/winzip.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
So am I reading this right, everyone works except "Allow all drives"?
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Standardizing every suburb in a group?
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
When I try to install it on Chrome in Win7, I get "Package is invalid: 'CRX_MAGIC_NUMBER_INVALID'."
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Ok, here's how I solved my problem:

Changed filename back to .zip
Unzipped file
Went into Chrome Extensions and checked developer mode
Choose "Install unpacked extensions" and pointed it to the unzipped folder.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
The segment list is great for selecting a bunch of roads with a similar property, the highlighter tool doesn't replace that. Its a great way to fix streets missing the city, or correcting a mispelling.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
kentsmith9 wrote:The Segment Tool is MANDATORY for the Portola Valley problem in California. I cannot fix problem areas without that tool (and stay married due to time required otherwise...). :o
I gotta agree with Kent on this. Highlighting all the segments with Portola Valley, and then manually clicking each individual segment is nowhere near as convenient.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by harling
mapcat wrote:1.2.8 was uploaded this morning. There's one new addition best not discussed in the forum.
I don't think it's an issue; it's a shortcut to the same public-facing GUI that we would get if we copied & pasted the GPS coordinates by hand, just like switching between Papyrus and Cartouche.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by harling
One problem I have run into (using FF 9.0.1) is that the "Open in" {cartouche_old,livemap} links are not working. The problem seems to start here (lines 1455-6 and 1479-80):

Code: Select all

var href = $(".WazeControlPermalink").children("a").attr("href");
  href = getUrlVars(href);
The first line leaves the value of "href" undefined, which causes the function call in the next line to fail. This code has not changed since the previous version of the tools, which worked fine under the previous editor.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.