Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
bz2012 wrote:It may have already been suggested, or may not be possible, but it occurs to me that a 'House number nudger' feature would be useful.
It would do a one pixel 'nudge' for all house number in the currently opened HN displayed area, save, and then nudge them all back to their original locations and save again.
(not sure that it is worth the trouble to nudge them back and that THAT would not defeat the nudging, but that would be interesting to discover).
Overall, I think this is a good idea, but it is something that needs to be restricted (perhaps to 3+, given that an editor needs to be 3+ to "force")
It could be said that nudging them won't make things worse, because they are currently routed to the Google pin, and nudging would cause them to be routed to the street, and in the case of a typical city grid, it solves a LOT of routing problems.

The problem comes in when you have a driveway or private road that serves maybe 10 homes, or an apartment/condo complex.
Currently, the Google pin is causing routing to the segment nearest that pin, which MAY be ideal (assuming proper placement of the pin). Nudging the HNs will, at best, route to the driveway, but most often, to some arbitrary point on the named road.

Particularly where there are a lot of curves in the road, each address needs to be looked at individually. Often times, unless you get the HN pin right ON the driveway, the stop point will "snap" around the corner.

Don't get me wrong... I think it would be a wonderful tool to have available... but its greatest use is going to be in congested cities where we have problems with routing to alleys, or around the perimeter of housing developments where those residents are frequently routed to the primary street that is on the other side of the fence behind the house.
It is not going to be of much use in rural areas, or mountainous terrain.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
vince1612 wrote:Did have this problem too, didn't report it as I thought I was the only one and it was indeed an easy fix as you described.
Nope... that's how it always is on a fresh install.
Same for both Chrome and Firefox.
The devteam member who coded that start location must have a 4k monitor :D
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Fredo-p wrote:
taco909 wrote: Nope... that's how it always is on a fresh install.
Same for both Chrome and Firefox.
The devteam member who coded that start location must have a 4k monitor :D
I would alter the code, but it's in Chrome Store so I have no clue what the hell to do. LOL
Ya, it installs as an extension, not a basic script.
There are also checksums in the code to prevent tampering.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Feature request for the JNF module:

Modify behaviour, or provide an option to make it selectable, so that running "Q" on a junction node does not convert dead-end one-way segments to 2-way.

I have never used "Q" intentionally to perform that operation.
The only time that it seems that it would be needed would be for a new editor who drew and left a one-way (and it's going to likely need more editing anyway), or for paving. In the case of paving, there are usually so many junction nodes on the segment that the correction would only work on the end segment anyway.

OTOH, we use one-way dead-end segments frequently as stubs to force "stay" instructions where BC would normally not provide an instruction.
We don't dare use a 2-way stub because the stupid routing server would route someone into the stub and through a u-turn to avoid making a left.

The problem with the "correction" being automatic is another editor working with the junction may accidentally convert the segment to 2-way without realizing it.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
lunarplexus wrote:When the Toolbox extension is active in Chrome or Firefox, the Satellite Image layer disappears. Once I deactivate the toolbox extension and restart the browser, the layer comes back.

Anyone have a fix for this?
How is it now?
Both production and beta were having major issues 5-10 hours ago.
I could not get it to load with URO+ enabled.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
I've got a bit of a workaround for the black bar blocking access to the TB config menu, though it's not a perfect solution.

WME Maximized shrinks the blue bar, which moves the TB (as well as ALL of the icons) onto the black bar.
Of course, it also hides the city/state behind the search box... but at least you can enable it, tweak your TB configs, then disable it and reload.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
BellHouse wrote:
Fredo-p wrote:Word is Fancy got absorbed into TB.

Could it be possible to get the PM option back to displaying next to an editors name when selecting a segment?
I cannot reproduce, this is how it looks like for me:
FPPMs.png
Ditto... and Fancy has been a part of TB for a year now.
I installed Fancy right before it was added.
Just verified, it's NOT installed.

Perhaps if you have Fancy installed as well as TB, disable Fancy will fix it?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
That's going to be difficult to code given that only 50km or so can be displayed.
It would almost have to be coded so that if only one unneeded junction exists on-screen and the segment does not have a termination on-screen, it is ignored.

The alternative would be for Waze to change WME to return a save-error on such segments, but that would render the tool useless for some areas.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
iainhouse wrote:Deleting a superfluous junction node only works on the visible screen area; therefore both segments are at least partially visible; therefore the length of both is available to decide whether the node is superfluous or not.
I thought of that right after I posted.
Ya... it could be done. Easy with only a single node, multiple nodes, it would need to sum all of them.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
iainhouse wrote:
taco909 wrote:it would need to sum all of them
Now if only someone could invent some sort of device to add up lots of numbers. :lol:
I'll get my IT guys right on that :D
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich