Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by iangpowell
Came across this script literally hours after I'd painstakingly mapped out three new build estates - then went back and made a few adjustments when I found this.

Amazing tool!
iangpowell
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Answers: 5
Send a message

AM for the Thames Valley, Tees Valley / Tyneside, Greater London & Norfolk, UK
Waze UK Mentor

UK Wazeo | Quick Start Editing Guide | Editing Best Practice | Request a Mentor Here | L1 Mentoring Presentation | Join the UK Discord Channel

Post by iangpowell
Don't know if this is unique to me or not, but with the latest WME production version, I don't get an option to remove images from the map, where there used to be (I think) an button named either Cancel or Remove, to remove the images.
iangpowell
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Waze UK Mentor

UK Wazeo | Quick Start Editing Guide | Editing Best Practice | Request a Mentor Here | L1 Mentoring Presentation | Join the UK Discord Channel

Post by iangpowell
See this image.

EDIT - cancel that, I've just spotted the "Cancel" button hidden away at the bottom, likely nudged out the way by another script. I think I did drag WME Open Maps up for this screen shot, so it was likely hidden under there!!
iangpowell
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Waze UK Mentor

Post by iangpowell
Glodenox wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:49 pm Oh, I see what you mean now! I didn't understand this was during the creation of a new overlay. If I make my screen smaller, the cancel button begins to float within the panel and gets somewhat hidden. That's probably what you're experiencing as well. I'll see if I can do some styling changes to fix that.
I generaly only use Image Overlays for adding new build housing estates, so usually paste in a screenshot of the road layout from the developers website and map over that. I don't really "hard" attach the image to WME, so remove it after I've completed mapping, so the hidden Cancel button was foxing me!
iangpowell
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Waze UK Mentor

Post by itzwolf
There have been many times I could have used this in the past, thank you for this!
itzwolf
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by javiercr75
Great! Thank you Very Much

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
javiercr75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
Hi Glodenox,

First Thanks for all your script work!!!!

Now for the overlays,
if it is possible a way to adjust the transparency of the image would be helpful.
also a quick toggle that would keep you at the same point and zoom to turn on and off the image also.

if these enhancements are something you would consider that is great, if not it never hurts to ask.

Thanks again, John
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
I'm sorry I missed the slide bar....
so thats great.

what i meant is if i hide the image by pressing the hide button and then restart the image it resets the tool and image to the full size

BUT i can accomplish What i wanted by sliding the opacity bar so there is no need for any changes

thank You it has been a great help in identifying the RailRoad crossings for our CCP .

John
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by JeroenED
Hi,

I'm having issues running this script. Seems like getting faulty at the OpenLayers class.

Browser: Firefox Quantum 57.0.3
Greasemonkey: 4.1

I do have to admit that I feel that Firefox quantum is a bit too fast ;) (Some sites have possibly related issues as well)

Code: Select all

Script error:  ReferenceError
columnNumber: 1
fileName: "resource://gre/modules/ExtensionContent.jsm"
lineNumber: 373
stack: "userScript@user-script:http%3A//www.tomputtemans.com//WME%20Image%20Overlays:373:1\nscopeWrapper@user-script:http%3A//www.tomputtemans.com//WME%20Image%20Overlays:1177:9\n@user-script:http%3A//www.tomputtemans.com//WME%20Image%20Overlays:361:17\n"
__proto__: Object { stack: "", … } WME%20Image%20Overlays:1179:23
JeroenED
Send a message

Post by JeroenED
I really think Firefox Quantum is to blame. While it is lightning fast, its fastness seems like an extra hurdle. I have a lot of issues with firefox only because of this. It seems like it has still some child diseases.

Also, this particular issue seems to me to occur because of the multi-process structure of ff quantum. As javascript is single threaded but you use multiple processes, you can run multiple js'es simultaniously, so OpenLayers can loaded after the overlays script.

Personally, I think you can tackle this but this is in my opinion a case for mozilla or greasemonkey. Firefox broke this, they should fix this.
And I'm pretty sure your script is not the only script experiencing this kind of issues.
JeroenED
Send a message