[Script] WME Image Overlays (1.4.2)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.2.0)

Postby RussPA » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:57 pm

This script has saved me a lot of time already and helped me accurately setup some complex interchanges that I would have had to otherwise guess at. I have some images saved on my home computer and some on my work computer. I can manually copy the images to both computers, but is there a way to sync the image attributes (size, rotation, location)? Some take me a while to get just right. Was that the purpose of the export function you mentioned in August?
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (0.8.3)

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:14 pm

This script makes me about as happy as WMEFU does! :)

I would like to ask if you'd reconsider adding the vertical and horizontal stretch options, though.

If not, I can do it client side as well, so no huge deal.

THANK YOU!
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
The Grumpy Dad
The more I learn, the more I discover how much I don't know.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (0.8.4)

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:29 am

I agree with RichardPyne's observation that the controls really do seem much coarser now in WME2.

Thanks, we really appreciate your work on this and will gladly wait until you get a chance to look at this, remaining grateful for what we have.
The Grumpy Dad
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.0)

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:44 am

The new tools for image handling are excellent, thank you so much for this amazing and super useful script!
The Grumpy Dad
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.0)

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:18 am

iainhouse wrote:A quick suggestion: disable the "Add image overlay" button in the LH panel whilst you're already adding an image. Otherwise, you might spend a few minutes rotating & resizing your image until you have it perfectly lined up - then hit the wrong button by mistake and be back to the start! :oops:

I'd ask you why you posted this, but I already know! ARGH!! lol
The Grumpy Dad
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.2.0)

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:39 am

Sorry if this has come up before if it can't be helped, but I'd like to suggest modifying the layout of the controls to maximize available real estate and eliminate all that open space (attachment #1). As you can see in that image, the actual working area of the map is down to perhaps 35% of the total screen area. The point where you are trying to fine tune an image overlay is the worst time to have the working view of the map reduced so much.

Would help increase map view to move all of the image controls into the open space on the bottom of the left panel (attachment #2). If that can't be done, can the map controls be flattened out and widened to eliminate all the open space on either side of those controls (attachment #3)?

All that said, still super happy with this script, huge HUGE help. Thank you!
Attachments
1.jpg
(189.07 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
2.jpg
(211.29 KiB) Downloaded 421 times
3.jpg
(197.43 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
The Grumpy Dad
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.3.1)

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:57 pm

Yes please, if changes are considered and time permits, really looking forward to the UI changes to compress the controls and expand the image adjustment viewing area suggested a ways back. Such a helpful script, though... thanks!
The Grumpy Dad
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.3.1)

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Fri May 31, 2019 12:36 am

iainhouse wrote:Since this brought the script to mind, I thought of another suggestion.

I know some people have commented about the fairly large bar the script places across the top of the screen; particularly once you've added the editing controls. Is it worth placing those control buttons in the LH panel?

You already have some controls there. I don't have the biggest of screens, but it looks like there's room there for the array of buttons, leaving more space on the map to see where you're placing your image.

I made some cheap mockups of this exact request back on this post. Hopefully it is the pipeline! A floating panel would also be cool.
The Grumpy Dad
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.4.0)

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:43 pm

Glodenox wrote:I've just released version 1.4.0 of the script which has the adjusted controls, as well as the possibility to adjust an image overlay you've saved in the past.

Absolutely outstanding, thank you so much!! 8-)
The Grumpy Dad
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.4.0)

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:48 pm

I made this attached image to use with Image Overlays while creating or improving roundabouts, specifically to make it easy to ensure that roundabout attachments are within the correct parameters to produce "turn right", "turn left", "continue straight", etc.

As a quick start guide for anyone who is not familiar with roundabout attachment points and how they impact turn directives, you can generate the above turn directions in place of "take the 2nd exit" etc, as long as the attachment points are at 90 degree intervals +/- 15 degrees. The actual turn angle of the segment relative to the roundabout segments is irrelevant in this regard.... it's the difference in degrees between attachment points from the point of view of the center of the roundabout that controls turn directives.

Use Image Overlays to place and position this guide on top of where you will be placing your roundabout, and draw your roads so that when the RAB is added your attachment points will fit within the narrow forks relative to adjacent attached segments, and you're all set to generate clean roundabout turn instructions without any trial and error adjustments.

To allow plenty of margin for error, the angles on this guide are +/- 10 degrees instead of +/- 15, so you can actually fudge a little bit outside of the narrow forks and probably still be OK, just verify with JAI after you save your work.

--------------

EDIT: Or...of course, you could use the RA Util script, which allows you to see turn angles while you use it to cleanly move specific junctions and accomplish the same goal when working on existing RABs - I hadn't realized it did that when I put this together, but was brought to my attention by the great iainhouse, lol. :oops: :lol:
Attachments
RAB anglenator.png
(21.01 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
Capture.JPG
(57.65 KiB) Downloaded 474 times
The Grumpy Dad
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts