Post by HBiede
I just would like for there to be some sort of example of what a potential problem could be. Just saying “could lead to problems” just prompts a question that they then have to go back to their community to get answered.
HBiede
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by HBiede
Kartografer wrote:
Since different conditions result in different penalties, and since these values can be changed at any time, mixing penalized segment properties such as road type transition penalties in an area can result in unexpected and/or unstable routing results.
IMO this is a general page on penalties, and getting into more specifics on how to map parking lots and private developments should be kept on separate pages.
I guess I can get behind this idea.
HBiede
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by jm6087
'https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Routing_penalties#Road_configurations' wrote:Waze will penalize a route (which forms a U-turn) with two left turns in less than 52.49 ft (16 m) in right-hand traffic jurisdictions or with two right turns in less than 52.49 ft (16 m) in left-hand traffic jurisdictions.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
From your proposal Wrong way direction through a one-way road

Can be misleading IMO. 2 segment loops could allow wrong direction of travel. Just the fact that a segment is one-way does not prevent routing.

Not sure how to reword it to reduce the misleading information.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
ojlaw wrote:i thought the decision point for U-turns was exactly 15m and we used 14m to disallow and 16m to allow in case editors were not using a script to show exact segment length. is that correct?
U-turn minimum template page wrote:The gap in the two thresholds is due to metric and imperial rounding issues, so a buffer was built into this setting to prevent unexpected results
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
ojlaw wrote:just wondering if we would be better served documenting the exact number and then explaining why 14m and 16m are used
I would not think so since the explanation explains why the built in difference.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Kartografer wrote:Isn't this basically what the private installations page already talks about? My draft says now that PR, PLR and OR have different transition penalties. I could see adding maybe one sentence after my note about default nav settings to say
Since different conditions result in different penalties, and since these values can be changed at any time, mixing penalized segment properties such as road type transition penalties in an area can result in unexpected and/or unstable routing results.
IMO this is a general page on penalties, and getting into more specifics on how to map parking lots and private developments should be kept on separate pages.
I agree
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by ojlaw
i thought the decision point for U-turns was exactly 15m and we used 14m to disallow and 16m to allow in case editors were not using a script to show exact segment length. is that correct?
ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message