Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by juliansean
I don’t know if it helps your troubleshooting but PL’s of places load fine and PL’s of road segments are hit and miss. But an RPP PL hasn’t loaded successfully yet. If you need examples I can provide but you seem to have enough.
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by juliansean
iainhouse wrote: The first of two new features is a function to hide the pop-up dialog that shows up when you mouse-over a turn arrow. As discussed above, these dialogues can get in the way, but you don't need them for simple red/green changes. Now you can have the option to disable them. This is done using a new button added to the toolbar:
TurnPopupBlocker.png
Note that this is not a setting that will be remembered when you close/refresh WME. The potential for confusion if a standard part of WME disappears is high, so I haven't saved the setting. If you re-load/refresh you will need to click it off again. Of course, whilst the dialogues are hidden you can click to show them again ;)
Thank you for allowing us to hide the popup -- even if not remembered I leave WME on for the day, so remembered while I use it each day.

Respectfully,

Sean
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by juliansean
iainhouse wrote:Version 2.31 is now published on GreasyFork! :mrgreen:

I also noticed that the WME devs have, yet again, screwed up and left an invisible element that blocks access to the map (Show map-blocking WME bugs makes it visible). It's not big - it's a 12 pixel margin underneath the floating Refresh button - but it's still annoying when you're trying to select a segment and you can't. So with compression on the floating buttons, that extra margin gets nuked. I really ought to report it in Beta bugs. :roll:
I thought I was going crazy! Thanks for getting rid of the map blocking!
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by JustinS83
Love the script - great work!

How about an option to hide the Average Speed Camera section for those of us that will never have need for it?
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
*Bug report*

When the "Hide average speed camera controls" option is enabled, the Elevation section is hidden when selecting Railroads, not the Average Speed Camera section.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
What? You want me to read?? :lol:

Didn't know the 2nd post in the thread was getting updated, just checked the first :x

Thanks for your work on this!
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
iainhouse wrote: It would help me if someone has a pointer to where I can see the status of these settings and any easy way to detect them being changed. I have a very busy time at work this week so I don't have much time available to go digging into the Waze model.
The toggle & setting for these looks to be in Waze/Control/EditNodeConnections. Unfortunately, require does not find anything in Waze/Control (I'm trying to fix a script right now that currently uses something in Waze/Control as well).

There might be other hacky ways to detect this, though :)
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
iainhouse wrote:
JustinS83 wrote: The toggle & setting for these looks to be in Waze/Control/EditNodeConnections.
Thanks to Bellhouse, I now know that the arrow controls are in Waze.geometryEditing.editNodeConsControl where they can be both read and set. The multiple segment selection is in Waze.selectionManager.selectControl.
That's awesome :) There are so many settings to go through, it's hard to find everything. Glad he was able to find it!
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
iainhouse wrote:
BellHouse wrote:FU (as nearly all other scripts, too) loses its tab when you switch the unit (metric / imperial) in WME's settings.

You could implement a handler as follows: ;)
Thanks. I saw your post about that in the Scripter's area. It's on the depressingly long list of things I plan to do tonight but probably won't because I'm too tired to even concentrate on Family Guy. :lol:
I just updated WazeWrap to handle this automatically (assuming the callback method you provide re-sets your script setting checkboxes based upon your loaded settings) along with handling coming out of event mode.

viewtopic.php?f=819&t=210961&start=10#p1736610

Used like this (pulled from WME PIE):

Code: Select all

new WazeWrap.Interface.Tab('PIE', $section.html(), init2);
init2 is my callback that reads my settings from the settings object and enables the checkboxes in the script's tab (and other stuff).
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
iainhouse wrote:
lg1992 wrote:While the Fix UI is active, the Drives tab shows start time of every drive twice. Is it supposed to show the end time?
No. That is a "feature" :lol:

There is a permanently-on hack in the script that makes the time visible for "updated" and "created" dates on segments and places. A side-effect of this - one I decided to live with - is the time showing twice on drives.
See PM ;)
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message