Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
Select All Roundabout Segments is not working.
Select one segment, click the button, segment is de-selected.

Convert to Round Road still works.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
dummyd2 wrote:Select roundabout segs works on my side. Any permalink please?
Working fine today.
WME is in such a state of flux right now that it is extremely frustrating to work with, not knowing if a script or WME is the problem.

I was getting all kinds of issues last night. I gave up on URs with the centering being a problem and just started running Validator reports.
I'd link to a "2 segments with same endpoint" and use the TB break function to add a spare junction to the desired segment, then I'd get a save error, and TB would show "dead end" warnings on both of the endpoints.
I would move a junction node slightly, and I'd get a save error and "red" highlight that reported an overlap. There would be a "ghost" segment under the segment I had moved. The scripts recognized it, and with the save error, obviously WME saw it as well.

It seems to be better behaved for now.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
bart99gt wrote:Personally, I'd like to see a PL to one of these situations we're trying to protect, just to satisfy my own curiosity. I've run through a few hypotheticals in my head, but I can't come up with anything that couldn't be mapped in a way that isn't going to make another editor think someone just forgot to enable a turn...
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 870&zoom=8

This was originally set (successfully) as a single node with the movements restricted through it.
Prior to the LA Mapraid, it was decided to block the movement in a more clear way to prevent it from being adulterated, but it WAS working fine with one less junction node and all one segment type.

And thank you for reminding me... I just enabled the u-turns ;)
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
bart99gt wrote:Thanks, good to see an example. It does illustrate the need for making something like that a bit more conspicuous so others aren't scratching their heads about what was done there.
Ordinarily, a simple lock at 4 or 5 would suffice, but we ended up having some very carefully constructed junctions locked at 6 that were unlocked and changed during the mapraid.

But... back to your point, any such intentionally constructed junction would not have any unconfirmed turns by virtue of it being intentionally built.
An unconfirmed turn could result if a new editor attached a segment to it, but then it would no longer fit the "extra junction" logic and TB would not delete it, and if the new segment were deleted, the pre-existing turns would remain confirmed.

So I would be in agreement that nodes with unconfirmed turns could/should be removed by the tool. There should not be unconfirmed turns on segments that have been worked.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
doctorkb wrote:Example of extra steps: we have amended some of the mass-edit tools to not touch the segment if it hasn't been touched since basemap import
Good point, given that unedited basemap of "unknown" direction that has been driven in one direction may show as one-way, and removing the extra nodes could potentially harden the soft one-way into a confirmed one-way in error.

I was just thinking about soft turns being a mark of lack of editing and forgot how many unconfirmed and "soft" one-ways we have.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
kpouer wrote:Yes, Fredo-p and not only beta, also the dialogs with segment and places lists cannot be closed anymore too even on WME non beta.
Working fine in production on Firefox.

Will try Chrome tomorrow when I get to work, but I had no issues with closures.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
I opened the measuring tool.
It did not work, and I could not close the window without a browser refresh.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
iainhouse wrote:I agree with all the people who hate having their layers reset. The suggestions above are all good, but they don't help if you've followed a permalink with selections because they all reload the editor without suggestions.

It bugs me and it plainly bugs a lot of you too. So please see here for a bookmarklet I have created that might fit the bill. :ugeek:
Solution: Toggle Toolbox so the default behaviour for CTRL-C is to save the PL without layers.
Tap "Shift" to enable layers if specifically requested, rather than having to tap "Shift" to disable them.

This won't help for PLs followed that were pulled from the base editor, but most everyone seems to be running TB, so it would solve the majority of issues.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
We discussed that a while back and the problem is the script lacks the intelligence to make a good decision on how to set the angles.
Example, in some cases you may have four segments, and you want to maintain a turn instruction on two legs, but a turn and keep on the opposite side.
The script would potentially split the angles in such a way that all 4 corners produce "turn".

IMHO, a script that could automatically create or adjust doglegs on anything more than one specific segment has the potential to be as damaging than one that removes them.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Any progress on fixing either the measuring tool, or the issue with the window getting stuck if we do open it?
For now I have disabled it so I don't absent-mindedly tap the button.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich