Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
PesachZ wrote:
davielde wrote:Is there a way to allow Android to recognize WMEditor as a browser so that it is available as an option when clicking on a permalink?
It doesn't have to be set as a browser, it can be set to intercept only WME PLs, look at how Tapatalk only intercepts forum links.
I don't run Tapatalk... is this something that is easy to do from the user end?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
PesachZ wrote:OK I didn't mean browsing in Tapatalk, it was just an example. As an app Dev you have an option somewhere (I'm not a Dev so I don't know the specifics) to indicate specific URLs which your app can handle. (Examples: Tapatalk can handle URLs which lead to it's forums, Waze can handle waze.to*, a browser app can handle any URL, gmaps can handle any google.com/maps* URL, etc).
Once you have more than one app installed on your phone which handle that specific type of URL intent, incoming the intent (in this case taping a permalink URL in HO) will generate a popup asking you which of the available asps you'd like to use for it, and if this is a one time choice, or should be set as the default action for always.

If this app is set to be able to handle any URL *.Waze.com/editor* it should show up as an option any time a PL is tapped on the phone from anywhere.
Okay, so the intercept is something that needs to be embedded into the app.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
We need an invitation to join the community
taco909waze@gmail.com
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Awesome. Join request sent
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
PesachZ wrote:
carloslaso wrote:
deeggo wrote: What's new about this exactly? I could already edit them in the previous version.
Which device/OS are you using? I read in the posts in Google+ that they could not be changed, the same problem we had in iOS.
I personally had no problem changing them on the last version in android.
Are we talking about green/red TRs, or the ability to get into the scheduled restrictions screen?

I've never been able to access any functions that require a mouse "hover"
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
carloslaso wrote:[*]Satellite images disabled (to save mobile data)
:shock:
Please make this an option. Some of us are still on unlimited plans, and some of us only run WME on Wifi
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
carloslaso wrote:
taco909 wrote: :shock:
Please make this an option. Some of us are still on unlimited plans, and some of us only run WME on Wifi
I just un-checked the Satellite Images by default from the layer switcher.
Ok... That's cool.
I was going to suggest just defaulting it to "off"... I'm lost without it.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
deeggo wrote:How do I get permalinks to open? I'm probably missing something....
I have not tried it, but I believe you simply copy the PL to your clipboard and then open the app, it will scan the clipboard as it loads.

Edit: Yes, that is exactly how it works. It opens with a popup asking if you want to load the PL.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
I like it.
There's really no other way to intercept a PL without modifying the actual Android code to recognize that a link that begins "https://www.waze.com/editor/" should be directed to the editor rather than the browser.

Even the "Waze.to" links are loaded into the browser, which is then instructed by the contents of the link itself to launch Waze and navigate to the PL.

Edit: Didn't realize there was a string of replies after deeggo's response... I didn't want to quote the whole thing.

I never thought of registering the app as a browser, but that would only really be helpful for people like me who generally do not set default apps for most files.

My wife is WAY too quick to tap "Always" and a month later I have to "fix" it when she can't get something to open.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
deeggo wrote:A permalink with country index isn't working. For instance https://www.waze.com/nl/editor/?zoom=5& ... =261991868

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
Carlos just mentioned yesterday that support for /*/ be added... it may not be in your release.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich