Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Context Menu

Post by TheLastTaterTot
(This script was formerly called WME Copy Menu.)

WME Context Menu stores various editor elements in an easy-to-access right-click context menu. It can currently copy certain properties of selected segments directly to your clipboard and it integrates with WME Speedhelper and WME Road Selector to help make it even easier and faster to edit the map.

To open the menu, select segment(s) and right-click. Flip between copying to clipboard (1), WME Road Selector integration (2) and WME Speedhelper integration (3) using the buttons in the menubar or pressing their numbered hotkeys while the menu is open: 1, 2, or 3. Activate the push-pin to pin the menu anywhere on the map and prevent it from closing.

If you do not have WME Road Selector installed, the button does nothing and the script will only copy to your clipboard.
If you do not have WME Speedhelper installed, the button will still give you the default WME input panel for editing speed limits.

This was just a recent idea that I had after experiencing several minor annoyances and frustrations with adding speed limits in WME. The first versions of the code were quickly put together over the course of just 2-3 days and so it is definitely in its infancy. Ideas for integrating the context menu with other WME or userscript functions are welcomed. As always, bug reports are greatly appreciated.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/17087 ... ntext-menu

-------
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

POSTER_ID:17047355

Send a message
Attachments
R5 | RI SM | CA, MA & NY AM | Mentor

Post by JustinS83
vitun wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:25 am Hello. A-B nodes jumping don't work. Is this script still actual?

This is now fixed.  Thanks for reporting!
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Interesting.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by pasciakd
Looks like current WME version now forces you to select the segment then be able to open the context menu, before you could mouse over and just right click
pasciakd
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
USA
NJ - NY
Area Manager / WME Beta Editor / iOS+Android Beta

Wazumé + Wiki Profile
WME Profile

Post by tbk0
Great work very useful !!
tbk0
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Iceland

Post by TheLastTaterTot
Given the big push by Waze to add speed limits (SLs) to the map, the update to version 0.3 provides a few enhancements that I hope you'll find helpful in getting the job done:
  • Right-clicking directly on a segment will also open the menu. It is no longer necessary to select a segment before right-clicking.
  • Relatedly, the context menu will now only show when you right click while hovering over a segment.
  • When the menu is in pinned mode, you can drag the menu to anywhere except the left side panel. (I like to place mine between the map and street view.)
  • The behavior of the numeric hotkeys (1-3) for switching among the 3 panels of the context menu has been modified:
    • When the menu is not pinned to the map, pressing the hotkeys will work anywhere, regardless of your cursor position.
    • When the menu is pinned, the hotkeys will only activate when your cursor is on the menu.
  • (In response to milkboy's request) Verified SLs are highlighted in green if the value matches one of Speedhelper's signs. Unverified SLs are highlighted yellow.
  • Two-way roads with differing SL values in each direction are indicated by an A- or B- start node badge on top of the sign.
  • You can use Speedhelper's SL signs to selectively assign speed to either A-B or B-A direction:
    • Shift-click for A-B direction,
    • Alt-click for B-A direction

For B-A directions, if you don't like the alt-key, you can actually use any of the 3 modifier keys under the shift key (i.e., one of these: ctrl/alt/meta/cmd).
      WMECM_hotkeys_pc.png
      (20.93 KiB) Downloaded 2090 times
      WMECM_hotkeys_mac.png
      (21.89 KiB) Downloaded 2073 times
      Use whichever modifier key for the B-A direction that works best for you.
  • Speedhelper's SL signs within the context menu will automatically adjust the units of your speeds to those used by the country
    (i.e., if your country uses mph, but WME is set to metric, the script will automatically convert their values to km/h.)
As a reminder—these enhanced features listed above currently apply to only the Speedhelper panel within the context menu.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/280 ... CM_0.3.png
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
Last edited by TheLastTaterTot on Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by TheLastTaterTot
Here's a better normal sized screenshot of the Speedhelper integration menu....

Note that the speed on the signs differ from what's in the input box because I have WME set to metric, but USA uses mph. The context menu add-on will automatically convert the values of the Speedhelper signs to the units used by your WME setting.
WMECM - Speedhelper menu.png
(143.84 KiB) Downloaded 2018 times
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
WME Context Menu has been updated to version 0.3.3 to be fully compatible with latest versions of Firefox. Please let me know if anyone is experiencing any issues.
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
Olestas wrote:Interesting.
I hope "interesting" = good. :lol:
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
Note: As of the recent update, you can now drag the speed limit signs in the menu and drop them into the input box for A-->B or B-->A direction.
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message