[Script] WME Place Harmonizer

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Place Harmonizer

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:03 pm

Feature request. As usual, since I'm not a script writer, I don't know if I'm asking for the impossible.

* Add a button to copy the Google Place name into the name field in Waze.

It's quite common to find a place in Waze linked to its GMaps counterpart, but the Waze place name was bungled up by the submitter fumbling on their mobile device, giving only a partial name ("Smith", instead of "Smith Auto Parts"), or using all lower case, or other typos. GMaps nearly always has the correctly-formatted name. Would love to have a one-click way to copy the GMaps name up to the Waze name.

For that matter, if that can be done, would be equally great to have another one-click option to transfer the address up, too.

Another case for this name fix function would be that sometimes a business changes its name, or closes and another reopens at that location, and the GMaps place link remains attached but the Waze name is then totally wrong.

Would need to build it in a way that if multiple GMaps places are linked, to either choose which one, or block the function and require manual intervention.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

Re: [Script] WME Place Harmonizer v1.3

Postby sketch » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:39 pm

MapOMatic wrote:Glad it's working for you! I think for your suggestion to work, the name would need to be blank and Post Office set as the category (then click the "Run WMEPH" button). Is that what you're thinking?

I would think it easier to type "Post Office - XXX" then hit the button and have WMEPH set the category than to set the category and have WMEPH type in "Post Office - " especially when you have to type in that box anyway.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:30 pm

dspille wrote:
steelpanz wrote:There are some attributes, such as "wheelchair accessible," that I suppose I just haven't thought about NOT applying to a place, given the assumption of the ADA and how I'm assuming all places I'm editing comply with that act.

I think there could be older buildings that may not be required to be ADA compliant yet, unless they undergo a significant renovation.

Indeed. So we must be careful. As MOM said, but especially with wheelchair accessibility, not having the icon there will be read as "we don't know", having the icon there as "definitely accessible", and creating this false hope can seriously inconvenience wheelchair users.

Plenty of old buildings around here that aren't ADA compliant because they weren't built before and haven't been renovated since whenever it went effective in the early 1990s.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby steelpanz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:40 pm

Thanks for the shortcut to add a stop point. I haven't seen that until this morning. Much appreciated.
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steelpanz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:19 pm

As far as a PLA is concerned, is it possible (or even safe) to assume that a parking lot contains accessible parking? In other words, when running the script, could there be an option to auto-toggle the accessible parking flag to save yet another step?
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steelpanz » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:43 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:
steelpanz wrote:As far as a PLA is concerned, is it possible (or even safe) to assume that a parking lot contains accessible parking? In other words, when running the script, could there be an option to auto-toggle the accessible parking flag to save yet another step?

IMO, that wouldn't be a good option to have set. There are too many cases where there aren't handicapped spaces available. It's only a one-button click, how hard is that while clicking the others as you work your way through them? ;)

Truth, but remember that we are at the point where we are in WMEPH because the phrase "it's only a one-button click" was uttered and dreamers dreamed of days where even more buttons wouldn't have to be clicked anymore. :)
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steelpanz » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:47 pm

Looks like some of the PLA space quantities are overlapping in their space

As always, thanks for all the work you do on this. Such an awesome script.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (12 KiB) Viewed 1502 times
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steelpanz » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:05 pm

It appears the street name button does not work with the rollout of 2.0.x.
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steelpanz » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:36 pm

There's one thing I noticed yesterday and I'm unsure if this is WMEPH or PIE related, so please forgive me if this is incorrectly placed. When I develop a new place, the Draw PLA shortcut is not showing up in the General tab of said place. If I save and then depart to a new place and then return, the Draw PLA icon will then appear.
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steelpanz » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:14 pm

I can't imagine the work it takes to keep these scripts maintained as you are constantly having to keep up with the changes that are coming down the pipeline. Really wish there was something we could do instead of just a bunch of thank-you's.
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts