Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by ramblinwreck_81
Sometimes a place already has a category assigned before you run PH. Usually you can tell just by looking that the category is incorrect. Please consider for a future update adding the ability to alert the user that a previous category already exists and that it doesn't match the PH category(ies) for that chain.

My point is I'd prefer being asked if I want to keep a (incorrect) category as opposed to assuming that this particular place is unique and the old category belongs there. Either way, it alerts the editor to look at the situation.

thanks
ramblinwreck_81
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by rebeltj
I have noticed the past few days that when the HN is entered in and enter key or add button is pressed, the HN is not transferred to the HN field causing the editor doing the harmonization to have to enter the HN again.
rebeltj
Send a message

Post by rebeltj
MapOMatic wrote:
rebeltj wrote:I have noticed the past few days that when the HN is entered in and enter key or add button is pressed, the HN is not transferred to the HN field causing the editor doing the harmonization to have to enter the HN again.
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't been able to find a solution as of yet but I'm working on it.

A little more info: the HN is actually updated behind the scenes, it's just not immediately updated on the side panel user interface. After you enter the HN, you can deselect/reselect the place to see that it has updated. But if you edit the address without first deselecting the place, you'll get the blank HN field.
Thank you, I did test it as you stated in your reply and that works for the time being.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
rebeltj
Send a message

Post by RichardPyne
steelpanz wrote:Is it possible to automate the 24/7 option when a category matches "hotel?" I can't think of circumstances in which a hotel would NOT be 24/7, but maybe someone else does.
I have run across some small town motels that are not 24/7
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by RichardPyne
steelpanz wrote:Is it possible to automate the 24/7 option when a category matches "hotel?" I can't think of circumstances in which a hotel would NOT be 24/7, but maybe someone else does.
I have run across some small town motels that are not 24/7
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by RichardPyne
steelpanz wrote:
RichardPyne wrote:I have run across some small town motels that are not 24/7
In other words, you have to check in by a certain time or there will be nobody at the desk?
Exactly.
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by RichardPyne
Alpha_VA wrote:Sorry to say, but since today, WMEPH is not working on Win Chrome, even if it's the sole script activated. If I can provide any helpful information, let me know.
It is working fine for me.
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Robert04101
Several states, including Maine, are using the Seaport/Marina category as a Point Place for public boat launches. These are small and so should be Points, not Area. Is there a way to locally disable the check that Seaports/Marinas should be Area Places?
Robert04101
Send a message

Post by Robert04101
Thanks @mapomatic!

The state managers in New England have started a push to get our boat launches mapped. We've agreed that they should be point places, not area, and Marina/Seaport/Harbor. See, e.g. https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Ma ... t_Launches

Could you please align WMEPH to not throw an error for Marina/Seaport/Harbor point places? At least in New England?

Thanks!
Robert04101
Send a message

Post by RolandDeschain79
Can I get added to the WMEPH beta user list?
RolandDeschain79
Send a message