Official Launch

Post by delilush
Hi Everyone,

We are excited to announce the newest Waze feature which was under a press embargo up until today. Up until now selected editors and beta testers knew about the feature in closed forum discussions. So here we are very proud to announce the official launch of this feature.

First of all, kudos and a huge thanks to the NA community who mapped this feature for the past 5 months and helped us to improve the feature massively. We also already started to map & test in Europe and will start with APAC & LATAM in the coming weeks.

What is the new Toll prices feature?
The new Toll Prices feature will incorporate tolled routes with their estimated costs into the app.

Where is this feature available?
The Toll prices feature is currently available in the United States (continental USA and Puerto Rico) and Canada to 20% of users and will be fully available to users in these areas by July 22, 2019.

Can the toll price for a specific route vary?
Yes, each toll company has its own way of setting prices. Waze supports prices on specific roads and road sections based on:
  • Day of the week
  • Hour of the day
  • Specific dates (i.e.: holidays)
  • User’s pass (such as EZ-pass)
  • Vehicle type (Motorcycle, private or taxi. Please note we do not support pricing for vehicle types that are not supported in Waze such as trucks, large commercial vehicles, buses, etc.)
Additionally, Waze currently does not estimate toll pricing for congestion-based toll roads where prices vary depending on traffic. In these cases, users will receive a notification that the toll amount varies.

See images of what the feature looks like at the bottom of this post.

Stay tuned for more updates & info on mapping the feature in the toll pricing forum (:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Daliah
Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 15.35.45.png
(69.96 KiB) Downloaded 1347 times
2019-07-15 (1).jpeg
(121.76 KiB) Downloaded 1340 times
2019-07-15.jpeg
(110.7 KiB) Downloaded 1335 times
2019-07-15 (2).jpeg
(122.32 KiB) Downloaded 1328 times
delilush
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:17392348

Send a message

Post by aamazotr
Congratulations to all who participated in this project and waiting for the arrival to the LATAM community
aamazotr
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by BryceCampbell
very nice!

Looking forward to seeing the process of setting the toll data - While we don't have highway tolls here in British Columbia Canada anymore, I could see this working out for our ferry system too.
BryceCampbell
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by crotalo
great, we waited a long time for this improvement

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
crotalo
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message
Wazeopedia Colombia
Wazeopedia Bogotá
Partner Coordinator - Local Champ Colombia
https://i.ibb.co/hdcYFJn/badge10years30.png

Post by delilush
Please also note that we've opened the feature in Israel as well. If you read Hebrew you can find more details in this post.
delilush
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by delilush
jak68 wrote:Will this ever be released in the UK?
Communities in Europe already started mapping & testing the feature (:
delilush
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by delilush
BryceCampbell wrote:very nice!

Looking forward to seeing the process of setting the toll data - While we don't have highway tolls here in British Columbia Canada anymore, I could see this working out for our ferry system too.
The feature supports ferries as well. Feel free to reach out to you community coordinators if you're interested in mapping the feature.
delilush
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by jak68
Will this ever be released in the UK?
jak68
Send a message

Post by jm6087
delilush wrote:
BryceCampbell wrote:very nice!

The feature supports ferries as well. Feel free to reach out to you community coordinators if you're interested in mapping the feature.
The only thing it currently won't support is per passenger prices but we have lots of ferries mapped.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ