Voice Commands reference

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Screen blanking and hands free?

Postby Nicotunes » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:36 pm

vince1612 wrote:If you have an iPhone like I do it's just the phone's proximity sensor which turns the screen dark if it detects something against the screen, like during a phonecall.

Samsung does that too but I think they use the front camera lens, not the display, as the trigger, so it works better... ;)
Nicotunes

Re: Screen blanking and hands free?

Postby vince1612 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:38 pm

TheHYPO wrote:Can anyone tell me 1. How to get that hands-free voice-command dialogue to come up? I seem to randomly cause it to happen, but I'm not sure how to intentionally do it.

Also, if I glance my hand in front of the front camera, it seems to blank the screen in waze. This is particularly irritating given where my phone sits when I drive. Any way to turn this off? Why is this even a feature?

Thanks!

For voice activation, please see the help article here:
https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6268717

If you have an iPhone like I do it's just the phone's proximity sensor which turns the screen dark if it detects something against the screen, like during a phonecall. As far as I know there is no way to turn that off.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Not able to find voice command option in waze android app!!!

Postby PraveenKumar_ch » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:54 pm

Hi all,
i want to use voice command option in waze. I use nexus 5 with Marshmallow. For some strange reason, I'm not able to find voice command option in waze app. I use latest version ( Release 4.16.0.1). Please help me where can I find this voice command option.

I have followed below steps but there is no voice command option.

Tap the Menu , then the Settings wheel .
Tap Voice commands.
Toggle on Enable to activate voice commands.
Choose how voice commands are activated:
3 finger tap.
3 fingers or wave.
3 fingers or wave twice.
PraveenKumar_ch

Hands free reporting

Postby dshaw11 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:16 pm

How can I make a hands free report
dshaw11

Android App - How do I use voice commands?

Postby mike20878 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:43 pm

The gestures to invoke voice commands does not work for me. Instead, the voice command prompt will randomly pop up and I have no idea how I did it. Sometimes I think I've brushed the phone with my phone and activated it somehow. But I would like to know how to do it on purpose.

The other annoying thing is that it says tap to cancel, but when I do it keeps coming back to "try again."

Thanks.
mike20878

Previous

Return to Waze App