Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by TomS03
skubko wrote:
meow17dino wrote:I can't get this to work in Chrome. I've installed the plugin and run the scan which finishes. When I click on the Show Report button it opens a new tab in Chrome but doesn't load anything (just says about:blank). I've tried googling this to find a solution but can't find anything. Can someone assist why this doesn't show the report?
I have exactly the same problem also on Chrome and also on Firefox. I reported this hear before, but so far nothing, I am still waiting so I could start using this script :)...
+1, also checking in to say this is what my Validator is pulling up. I thought it was due to me trying to get the UK Localisation sorted, but I guess it's happening to more people?
TomS03
Send a message

Post by TomS03
Thank you @davidakachaos, update works brilliantly! Great to see Show Report is working again, and now my UK Localisation pack seems to be working too! Cheers :)
TomS03
Send a message

Post by tonestertm
BellHouse wrote:Please keep in mind that this is a thread about WME Validator.
Yeah, maybe this brawl belongs in the "Localization" forum. :D
I know that the Localization forum is not about this.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by TonyTorrent
While I really like this script, there is one problem with it that has been annoying. There are times when it tells me some of the roads might an incorrect city name, but I know the city name is correct for all those roads. No matter what I do, this message keeps showing up.

Is there a way to keep that from happening?
TonyTorrent
Send a message

Post by TonyTorrent
berestovskyy wrote:
TonyTorrent wrote:Is there a way to keep that from happening?
Could you please give a permalink?

Thanks!
Sorry, berestovskyy, I missed your reply before. Here's the link you wanted:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... TTTTTTTTTT

Here's a copy/paste of the report was issued for that area:

Might be incorrect city name [only available in the report]
What is the problem? The segment might have incorrect city name: wiki reference
How to fix? Consider suggested city name and use this form to rename the city: forum

Greater Manlius Area — consider this city name: Greater Manlius Area [correct letter case]
Medical Center Dr, Greater Manlius Area
69902463 69902465
Greater Manlius Area — consider this city name: Greater Manlius Area [correct letter case]
No Street, Greater Manlius Area
34819117 34816541 34832681 34819605 77754547 73086700 77754546 34834713 66608328 57863536 66608324 57812869 57863535 75717632 75717640 75717635 75717636 75717644 75717643 77723910 77723911 77399777 34815143 34815145
Adah Dr, Greater Manlius Area
34827623 77708039 77708040
Alley Way, Greater Manlius Area
Anglia St, Greater Manlius Area
34836987 34840325
Appletree Ridge, Greater Manlius Area
34829590 34829593
Armstrong Rd, Greater Manlius Area
Artisan Way, Greater Manlius Area
34838744 34824422
Aylesbury Path, Greater Manlius Area
Balmoral Dr, Greater Manlius Area
34830945 34828782
Barksdale Ln, Greater Manlius Area
34828569 34831541
Bentbrook Dr, Greater Manlius Area
34840310 34821593 34838420 34828490 34838419

There are many more, around 200 from what I see. What I noticed is that it says it might not be the correct city, and to change it to Greater Manlius Area, but that's what all of them are already.

Otherwise, I love this script. :D
TonyTorrent
Send a message

Post by TonyTorrent
berestovskyy wrote:
I can adjust the check so instead of "[correct letter case]" it will report "[identical names ID/ID]". Or shall we just ignore those duplicate city names?
To me it doesn't matter since it doesn't show up on the map now, only in the reports. The main thing I'm worried about is if the wrong city name will give problems to people trying to get to an address where there's identical names. If it won't cause a problem for them, then I'm fine with it.

One thing I have noticed in the past couple of days is that the color indicators aren't flashing any more. That doesn't bother me, but when I zoom in they tend to disappear until I zoom out then back in. I don't know if that's a problem with the validator or not, I just thought I'd mention it.

Also, since I'm mentioning things, I also have the "Toolbox" installed, but if I run that while I'm running the validator I'm unable to make any changes on the map. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling both scripts, but I have the same problem. For now I have the toolbox turned off. Any ideas on that?
TonyTorrent
Send a message

Post by TonyTorrent
berestovskyy wrote:
TonyTorrent wrote:I also have the "Toolbox" installed, but if I run that while I'm running the validator I'm unable to make any changes on the map.
Can't reproduce :( Could you please give step-by-step instructions?
All I do is enable the extensions in Google Chrome. I just tried it again and I can highlight the streets, but I can't click on the arrows, move the nodes, or make edits to the street information. Others I've talked to haven't had this problem, and I've checked to make sure everything is up to date, including Chrome.

The toolbox does have some features in it that I like, but the validator works better for me. I guess I'll just have to leave the toolbox off. Thanks for checking on it. :)
TonyTorrent
Send a message

Post by TonyTorrent
A quick question, although I'm sure it's been addressed before. There are some roads that are "horseshoe" roads with the starting and ending points connecting to the same road. Is there any way to change it so an option of "Allow" or "Accept" is possible? In the area I live in, there's a ton of these and the only way to keep them from showing up in the reports is to put in a phantom road. If it is removed later, then there's an extra node that needs to be fixed. If we can look at these and say it's allowed, that would help a lot.

Here's a permalink to one I'm talking about:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... s=34087937

Emmons Circle is the horseshoe with both ends connecting to Wolcott Hill Street.
TonyTorrent
Send a message

Post by TonyTorrent
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:This has been well documented in a few different forum discussions, which the Validator author provided links to earlier in this thread.

Thanks Alan, that's all I needed to know. I don't always have the time to read all of the threads and posts, that's why I started out with the comment that it might have been brought up before.
TonyTorrent
Send a message

Post by triordan
Validator disappeared from Firefox on both my PCs a few days ago. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, only using that script, etc. and nothing seems to work. It does however work in Chrome.
triordan
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
triordan_4
Northern Tampa Bay Area Manager, Florida
Team Southeast USA! #se-main
triordan's Wazeopedia