Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2019.04.02.01

A display for how many segments and Places are found with the supplied regex search now displays when searching. Clicking on either of these will select all of the highlighted segments or Places.
https://imgur.com/nK3TSP2.png
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2019.04.02.02

Added support for changing the highlight color.

Just kidding. Not adding that.

For realsies:
Adding support for finding segments in ROW and IL when the segment IDs are pasted directly into the search box and they are not on screen
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2019.04.08.02

Venue search by ID (when off screen) now works for ROW and IL.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
sketch wrote:Enhancement request: can you have it enable the places layer group when a PL with a venue ID is pasted/otherwise sent into the hole?
I was thinking about this the other day. Good timing. I'm starting a new project so I may not have time until I am done with it...or I get bored/frustrated in the middle and decide to work on this :)
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
ancho85 wrote:I love this script. I would like to know if there is a way to find a specific location between two crossing segments (+ intersection). Like "XXX Ave & YYY Road" and it would take me directly were these two segments cross each other.
You can already do that - it is supported through the google search.
Search with an & between the two road names:

1st St & Main St
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
ancho85 wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:
ancho85 wrote:I love this script. I would like to know if there is a way to find a specific location between two crossing segments (+ intersection). Like "XXX Ave & YYY Road" and it would take me directly were these two segments cross each other.
You can already do that - it is supported through the google search.
Search with an & between the two road names:

1st St & Main St
:o I really didn't know that! I'm guessing that since it opens the result in google maps I just need to find a script to open the WME from that location. Thanks JustinS83!
I'm not sure what you mean - if you use this search format in WME it will go to that location in WME. Google search is used in the background, but the results take you to the location in WME.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
juliansean wrote:Looks like this morning's WME update broke this script. Putting a PL in the search will bring you to the area, but won't set the corresponding zoom and won't select the road segment, UR, or MC.

Obviously, I use this script all the time, so I hope you have time to fix it. Your work is appreciated.

Respectfully,

Sean
Working for me. Looks like another script is blowing up and interfering :)
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
juliansean wrote:I turned off all scripts but that one, and still can't get any UR's to come up. It will jump to the location, but not open the UR's. Very strange.
Did you disable toolbox?
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
JustinS83 wrote:
juliansean wrote:I turned off all scripts but that one, and still can't get any UR's to come up. It will jump to the location, but not open the UR's. Very strange.
Did you disable toolbox?
Nevermind, I just realized the issue :lol: I'll get it fixed shortly.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update: 2019.07.24.01

Fixes the bug with UR selection when following a WME URL
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message