The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by bgodette
daknife wrote::? :? :? :? :?

Are they expecting you to pave the runway and taxi-ways? :lol: While your at it, go ahead and pave the most heavily traveled flight paths as well.
They could be using the other sense of "missing road" and mean that the taxiway should be removed.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
daknife wrote:
doesn't work well with pandora
And the reason being is Pandora is a memory hungry pig of an app. Combine that with all the background bloatware on most phones, anemic amounts of ram in most phones, and Waze's own memory reqs and someone's going to get oom-killed.

It's all my phone's fault for using Tapatalk.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
daknife wrote:This is more a Jolly editor or something, but I came across this in the mountains of Wyoming.
Big Ghost segment Circle.jpg
And yes it's a ghost segment that I had to use the nanorep to request deletion of.

If you hurry it may still be there at https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=1&lat ... s=57913917

Perhaps the next super collider is being built there? Jackson is called the playground of billionaires, perhaps Tony Stark has a mansion there.
I noticed that a while back, it had a number of other "testing playground" features from a long time ago that I got rid of.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
shawndoc wrote:This was from a UR just north of Los Angeles.

Type: General error
Description: To get to Wakefield CT you need to go west on hasley and left on Cambridge and then turn on Wakefield
Hmmm I wonder if there's a Wakefield, Connecticut.... :lol:
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
Apparently people make a double u-turn here often...
double-u.jpg
(143.61 KiB) Downloaded 3154 times
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
huh.jpg
(171.37 KiB) Downloaded 1403 times
Is the error that you went to Taco Bell, or that Waze didn't direct you to make an illegal maneuver of turning right, cutting across 4 lanes of traffic to make an illegal u-turn?
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
harling wrote:
foxitrot wrote:Except that on some roads I'm occasionally driving much slower than their average speed. In such cases the ETA is totally unusable and I'd appreciate an option in the client for specifying my personal preferred max speed.
Waze's speed data is correlated to time of day*, so it takes time-of-day variations into account. If you're driving slower because overall traffic is slower, Waze's ETA should be accurate. If you're driving slower than prevailing traffic for some other reason, I don't see how any other nav is going to give you a better estimate.

* I'm not sure if it also takes into account weekday vs. weekend, season, holidays etc.
I may be misunderstanding foxitrot's suggestion, but what I gather is he'd like to be able to set a Max Speed and have ETA take that into account if the route uses segments where the current/historical average is higher than that.

This has value for truck drivers, people with trailers, u-hauls, 1960's VW Beetles, etc, but will likely have to wait for vehicle profile support in the client. It'd also be awesome if routing would take that into consideration and provide a route that doesn't exceed your set max by more than a few %. This would make Waze usable in Urban areas for scooter riders without horribly corrupting traffic data or endangering the rider.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
petervdveen wrote:
Koe.PNG
Still love the Waze cow. There is also a Waze sea monster and I think a Waze UFO.

It's all my phone's fault for using Tapatalk.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
BlazeTool wrote:
Next question: Mark as Solve or Not Identified?
Not identified. Give her the chance to fix herself. ;)
FTFY. ;)
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
Mike-1323 wrote:
Type: General error
Description: no traffic
I'll send some people out there to drive around and cause traffic. :lol:
Making a call to the EOC?
bgodette