The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by bgodette
BlazeTool wrote:
khaytsus wrote:100% sure, but yeah I see what you mean. But no, they're all actually facing south.

For some reason Google's URL shortener isn't working: http://tinyurl.com/apeex86

Street view of the street they turned right from. I also went up and down the street in street view and all of the side streets (and cars) are one-way south. I do see a yellow line in the Bling aerial, I wonder if this street changed directionality in the last few years.

Permalink if you want to look closer at the Waze stuff itself :)

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-85.75 ... TTTFTTTTFT
S 1st St is two way from E College St to Hill St based on the GIS systems that the Jefferson County PVA and Engineers link from their sites.
This brings up that when in doubt and you have multiple conflicting sources of information, go out and verify it yourself or ask someone who lives near there to do it. If it's far away you can always open up the client and zoom to that area and PM the Wazers you see through the forum. We should not be in the habit of believing aerials and streetside/streetview is absolute truth.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
khaytsus wrote:That said, I've looked at three map sources, including one that the government posts, all of them say it's a one-way south street, which agrees with everything.
Well everything except recent GMap 45's, recent Bing top-downs, recent GIS, and Waze GPS tracks.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
AndyPoms wrote:
General error (user reported)
Description: house
**speechless**
They saw Hugh Laurie.

It's all my phone's fault for using Tapatalk.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
khaytsus wrote:A bit off topic, but.. jolly.... sign placers?

Hint: Hotel California

http://goo.gl/maps/jyAS6
Bet the three churches and the sheriff's office on that street had something to do with that.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
Spil wrote:At least it doesn't appear that they tried to pave the track lanes! :D
In 100 meters turn left, and then turn left. In 100 meters turn left and then turn left.....
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
bigbear3764 wrote:Crazy, this guy is going to be deleting a lot of emails. They are all the same. Already did about 20 north of this.
That's what every inch of the Los Angeles valley looked like about 9 months ago, except all red.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
Spil wrote:Just up the road a bit from the post above -- found a beautiful example of why cameras have to be verified in WME before they'll show in the client:
Prime example why cameras need to be moved off the main report page.

It's all my phone's fault for using Tapatalk.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
foxitrot wrote:A bunch of uniform URs:
Update Request: General error
Submitted 11 days ago
Paved 063053.png
Yet another way how to pave a new road in an aerial-less area. (Using the green 'User drive (GPS trace)' was excellent!)
You know, the more I look at this the more I appreciate the brilliance of it. The giant blob of URs attracts an editor, and it gives the editor all the data needed to trace the missing road without the need of an aerial.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
Spil wrote:
kaeoboy wrote:
Description: sudden extreme weirdness east of bay shore freeway near Palo Alto/Mt View
Reported on: yesterday
"Extreme weirdness" in California? Who'd'a thunk it? :lol: :lol:
Sudden too... I thought that happened every day.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
cdombroski wrote:
screenshot.gif
Yes, let's cut through somebody's parking area because lefts are illegal at the light. I'm sure that won't annoy anyone at all....
Bet there's a double yellow center line after that light at that gas station too. So instead of making the illegal left at the light, make a different illegal left just after the light that backs up the traffic behind you, brilliant!
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message