[Script] WME Toolbox (1.8.23)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.11)

Postby TheLastTaterTot » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:09 pm

I started testing every DOM element created by Toolbox and found the cuprit. Good thing I started from the bottom-up since it was one of the last TB elements on the page. Lol

$('#WMETB_HelpDiv').css('overflow','') solves the problem, as well as $('#WMETB_HelpDiv').css('display','none'). In general, might I recommend using "display: none" rather than "visibility: hidden" and a negative z-index? If the goal is to simply tuck an element away on the page for when it's needed, "display: none" is less obtrusive.

In any case, thanks for all your work on a very useful extension!
R5 | RI SM | CA, MA & NY AM | Mentor
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.11)

Postby TheLastTaterTot » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:01 pm

BellHouse wrote:With which browser and OS are you having that issue?

Happy to have helped! I'm currently running Chrome Version 48.0.2564.82 (64-bit) and Mac OS 10.10.5.
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.14)

Postby TheLastTaterTot » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:57 am

I've been getting this weird behavior where random text seems to disappear from the page. Is anyone else experiencing this? After toggling scripts on/off, I've narrowed it down to Toolbox. With just Toolbox and no other userscripts or extensions running, I get the following:

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 7.16.56 PM.png
(41.82 KiB) Downloaded 1026 times

It is reproducible. When I turn off Toolbox, everything returns to normal. Turning Toolbox back on, the text disappears again. However, there is a randomness aspect to it as well. If I select/deselect some more segments, eventually the text may come back. Also, if I fiddle with the visibility/opacity of a single text field, all text fields will return to normal.

I'm running Chrome Version 48.0.2564.116 (64-bit) on Mac OS 10.10.5 using the latest Toolbox in the Chrome store.

Thanks for taking a look!
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby TheLastTaterTot » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:14 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:I don't know if someone has already requested this, but in case they haven't:

Feature enhancement request for the color highlighting for speed limits: Would it be possible to change the way that it colors the edges of a street to make it obvious when a speed limit hasn't been confirmed/verified? Maybe a broken color band for unverified, and solid (as it is now) for those speed limits which have been verified? The colors are useful for when scanning an area for speed limits, but if Waze has decided on a speed limit that hasn't been verified by an editor yet, there doesn't seem to be any way of knowing this. Kind-of defeats being able to use colors to tell where speed limits haven't yet been set... :-)

So if that's something that could be added, it would be great! :)

If you don't want to wait, you might be interested in using Road Selector + Highlights integration to identify specifically unverified speed limits: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/searc ... d+Selector

If you do end up trying it out, here's something that you can import into RSel Highlights... You'll probably have to also select the checkbox for the setting "Play nice with other highlighting scripts":

Code: Select all
{"Unverified SLs":{"HIGHLIGHTS":[{"rule":{"expr":{"type":"Speed","op":"6","txt":""},"text":"Has unverified speed limit","isValidated":true,"tryOnce":false},"style":{"strokeColor":"#e1201b","strokeOpacity":0.7,"strokeDashstyle":0,"strokeLinecap":0,"strokeWidthScale":0.2,"strokeDashSizeScale":1,"strokeGapScale":1,"underRoads":false}},{"rule":{"expr":{"type":"Speed","op":"6","txt":""},"text":"Has unverified speed limit","isValidated":true,"tryOnce":false},"style":{"strokeColor":"#ffff00","strokeOpacity":1,"strokeDashstyle":1,"strokeLinecap":2,"strokeWidthScale":0.2,"strokeDashSizeScale":1.5,"strokeGapScale":3,"underRoads":false}}]}}

The result are the dashed lines going down the center of the road in this screenshot:
Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 4.57.28 PM.png
(227.37 KiB) Downloaded 913 times

And here is the setting that you'll have to check to get it to work with Toolbox highlights (2nd one from bottom):
Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 7.37.45 PM.png
(38.61 KiB) Downloaded 881 times
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby TheLastTaterTot » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:28 pm

By request, I had pulled the code from my other script, KeepMyLayers, and made a stand-alone PL copier that works similarly to the one in Toolbox. It will block Toolbox's PL icon, so there is no wasted space.

Note: It will strip all layer and filters in the PL. There is no option to turn that off and there are no plans for further development of this script, other than to fix any bugs:
WME Simple Permalink
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.15)

Postby TheLastTaterTot » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:52 am

BellHouse wrote:Second one auto-fills city, state and country information from top city (which is displayed in the black top bar in WME) (#309)

yesssssssss! TY
The bug in WME that causes other random states to show up in the selection box is so annoying!
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby TheLastTaterTot » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:57 am

Btw, did you guys ever find the bug that causes text in WME to disappear? I reported it awhile back after figuring out it was TB that was causing it. I think others have previously reported it too. I'm posting the screenshot here again as a reminder of the specific issue that I'm referring to..
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 7.16.56 PM.png
(41.82 KiB) Downloaded 1363 times
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby TheLastTaterTot » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:15 pm

I also prefer to use Safari over Chrome. Is there any chance you guys could put some of the core features into a userscript? Tampermonkey runs well in Safari and so far, all scripts that work in Chrome Tampermonkey has been working in Safari too.
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.8)

Postby theMadcabbie » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:48 pm

Hi there

Can you add WME Fancy Permalink 234 to the UK and direct this to the UK editors request forum https://www.waze.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=375

Many thanks as usual

Mark
Mark
theMadcabbie
Hungerford's Top Taxi Company

[ img ][ img ] [ img ]

AM for Thames Valley / Sierra Leone & Ghana / Isle of Man / Scotland, Shetlands and Outer Scottish Islands :evil:

waze@hungerford-cabs.co.uk
theMadcabbie

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.2)

Postby Thortok2000 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:09 pm

Replying to subscribe to thread. Also noticing several buttons missing from the toolbar even though the option to have them display is set.

Edit/Update: This got fixed quick!
[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]
Area Manager of Greenville, SC! ^_^
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts