[Script] WME Toolbox (1.8.22)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.3)

Postby Thortok2000 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:45 pm

On that segment sketch, u-turns are enabled and there are no turn restrictions.

I can understand the tool ignoring nodes that have an enabled u-turn. Obviously you don't want to delete those. Although I wasn't aware that the tool ever did delete those. Because of the enabled u-turn.

What we have now is nodes where the u turns aren't enabled but none of the turns are enabled either. Those restricted turns now block the tool from being used whereas before they didn't.

There is no case where a turn restriction on a junction in between two segments should exist in the first place; the proper solution is the use of a one-way segment on one side or the other. (The tool doesn't delete junctions where direction changes.)

An enabled u-turn should block the junction from being deleted. A change in elevation. A change in direction. Heck, even a change in name or road type. But turn restrictions shouldn't.
[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]
Area Manager of Greenville, SC! ^_^
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Thortok2000 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:20 am

Sorry sketch, I know you're more experienced than me, but I'm going to say no, there isn't.

There is NO case where a junction with a turn restriction fulfills a purpose that cannot be replaced by a one-way segment on the other side of that junction. Even if it's just a short one-way segment before returning to two-way again.

Specifically referring to two-segment junctions here and not intersections, of course. The kind of junctions the tool would target.

Now, if you're saying some in the world exist, I'm sure they do, however I still feel they'd be better mapped using a one-way segment anyway. It'd look cleaner on the map and be easier to understand.
[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Thortok2000 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:15 am

It's harder to see at higher zoom levels (compared with the shift-Z of showing all turn restrictions).

Also, as rare as that situation itself is, I find it exceptionally unlikely that such a junction, if 'correctly' mapped to have a turn restriction, would therefore also NOT have the u-turn enabled for the poor soul facing that do not enter sign.

And therefore turn restriction aside, the u-turn itself being enabled would be all the protection said junction needs from the tool. Therefore having turn restrictions as a protection is unnecessary.
[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Thortok2000 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:36 am

PesachZ wrote:I'll just put it out there that I too have seen cases where a street is two way on both sides of a node but you are not allowed to cross the node in one direction. This was in the middle of a block, not at an intersection. On one side the street the town erected a few bollards and a do not enter sign, the total length of the street which was essentially one way was about 0.3 meters, way below the minimum segment length of 5 meters. The only proper way to map this is with a node in middle a one red arrow. A node the tool would have removed, and from anything besides almost full zoom or street view you wouldn't think twice about it.

One red arrow and an enabled u-turn. It's the enabled u-turn that would make it a node the tool wouldn't remove.

Red arrows are a dime a dozen and are the default for all nodes that get generated, on purpose or by accident or base import. Enabled u-turns are, if not completely editor dependent, at least majorly so.

A following list of rules (not complete) should help:

1 - If there are only soft turns on the node (the default setting of an untouched node that was generated by basemap), delete it
2 - If there are only hard turns on the node but they are ALL restricted turns (the default setting of an untouched node that was generated by an editor), delete it
3 - if all turns are enabled but u-turns are not, delete it
4 - If a u-turn is enabled, do not delete it
5 - If node contains a mixture of enabled and restricted hard turns (been touched/configured by an editor), do not delete it

This is of course not counting all the other checks of direction, elevation, road type/name, etc.

Sound good?
[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Thortok2000 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:08 am

The other side of the node.

If you can't enter, then you have to be able to turn around (or you'd be stuck there forever.) Hence, enabled u-turn.
[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.7.11)

Postby Tiidu » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Local Champ & CountryManager in Estonia
[ img ][ img ]
[ img ][ img ]
Tiidu
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.7.12)

Postby Timberhawk » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:48 pm

RussPA wrote:Make sure you have the / in the URL after editor

How does one hack into the code to add the "/"?
Timberhawk
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.7.12)

Postby Timberhawk » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:48 pm

RussPA wrote:In your browser URL, add the /, not in TB....

Thanks for clearing up that blonde moment.
Timberhawk
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.8.14)

Postby TinoTico » Fri May 10, 2019 8:25 pm

Is there a tool in the toolbox that can auto fix roundabout node arrangements? If not in the toolbox is there any other script can do so?
TinoTico
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.8.14)

Postby TinoTico » Sat May 11, 2019 12:52 pm

tenetienne wrote:Have you looked at this? WME RA Util

Yes, but it doest do what i want. :(

Thanks
TinoTico
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

PreviousNext