[Script] WMEMagic

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WMEMagic

Postby SuperDave1426 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:54 am

Just started using this today - nice script, thanks for making it available!

Sorry if this was already mentioned in the thread, but what does "Enhance MTE" do?

Also, I noticed that there's someone maintaining a list of things for the USA on your page supporting this addon. Is there a way to make it possible for the "Segment not protected" option allow for individual state requirements? I'm asking because I've got roads that are properly locked according to the state wiki for Nevada, and when I select that option, it flags them. I'm guessing that the national guidelines might say a higher lock level than the one that we're using here. I suspect other states might be doing that as well, so it would be nice to be able for the person who is managing a given country to be able to accommodate local-level differences from the national guidelines.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:31 pm

vince1612 wrote:Enhance MTE adds a drop-down list at the top of WME with all MTEs in the area, so you don't need to switch to Event mode to see them. I'm not sure if it does other things yet, haven't played with it much.. Delfim can surely give more info ;)

Hopefully, Delfim will sound out here with more info about it, then. :-)

By looking at the settings spreadsheet there is a State field, so I'm pretty sure all of what you're talking about can be done if the maintainer of the US config asks for it.

I'd be happy to mention it to the maintainer for the USA config, but I can't seem to reach him/her. According to the "maintainers" list at the web page for this addon, "Xander" is that person. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the username used here in the forum, because when I tried to send a PM, I got an error saying that the user doesn't exist.... :?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:50 pm

JustinS83 wrote:I'm working with XanderB on getting the settings figured out. Stay tuned.

Oh, so it's actually XanderB here. Cool, thanks for the info (side note to Delfim: Maybe the page for the addon should list the maintainers using their Waze forum name, to make it easier to contact them?). I'll be eagerly awaiting the eventual update. :-)

And an "Oh, by the way" side note to Delfim: I love that hovering over the tab in WME gets a popup name of "It's a kind of magic." Don't know if that was a deliberate reference or not, but since I'm a fan of Queen, the name did make me smile. :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:20 pm

subs5 wrote:Any way to get ramps and private roads to not highlight as need SL in USA?

I know I'm gonna feel like a nitwit when I see the answer, but I'm drawing a complete blank on what "SL" is an abbreviation for...? :)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:22 pm

JustinS83 wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:I know I'm gonna feel like a nitwit when I see the answer, but I'm drawing a complete blank on what "SL" is an abbreviation for...? :)

Speed limit

...And I was right. :oops: :lol:

Thanks.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:46 am

bures wrote:(Toolbox is not working in Chrome now.)

Yeah it is. :-) You just have to repair the addon in Chrome each time you start it, due to a bug in the current version of Chrome. The next version of Chrome should fix it (based on reports I've seen in the Toolbox thread regarding this).
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:35 pm

Can the "This place has no name" check get an exemption added for Parking Lot Places? The Wiki does provide allowances for unnamed Parking Lots, which happen from time to time. Place Harmonizer already has an exemption in it so that it doesn't flag an unnamed Parking Lot; it would be nice if Magic did as well. :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:44 pm

kelemvor33 wrote:Ah, OK.

I guess my suggestion woudl be to also take segments that have the "None" box checked for the Name and/or the City and highlight those. Maybe the "R you bored" color or something. Most streets out there should have a name and many people just check the box because they don't feel like figuring out the name or city.

Where do you get "many people" from? Have you conducted some kind of extensive survey, or are you just making an assumption? ;)

Many private roads (including driveways that meet the criteria to be mapped) and parking lot roads legitimately don't have names. If you want roads of Street type and above that have the "none" box checked to show up, get Color Highlights, which has that function. Colors them yellowish, with nothing appearing in the left panel about it. Nice and subtle for roads with no name (and there are times I've run into roads which really don't appear to have any name - can't find them in Assessor's Office GIS maps, can't see a street sign in Street View), alerting you visibly to the status, without using up space on the left panel. It seems to me like Magic is there to help find things that are problems with items on the map. A road that's unnamed is a problem. A road which has "None" checked for street and/or city fields is not.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby tcalvert317m » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:30 pm

This looks great. Thank you so much for putting this together!!!!!
tcalvert317m
State Manager
State Manager

Postby tcalvert317m » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:05 am

While this does have a few things that need tweaking, IMO this is a very helpful tool.
tcalvert317m
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts