Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
dchary2418 wrote:Can it be possible to detect HN overlaps as is found here? There are several in this case
hnoverlap.JPG
hnoverlap2.JPG
I added this in the (now defunct) HN Tool script and it is quite resource intensive.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
MajkiiTelini wrote:The script definitely works only with actual state of house numbers!

And as long as you cannot open the HN mode in snapshot mode, I cannot see a way how to get the snapshoted HNs.
Historical records of the HNs are not kept so you cannot see the previous locations. If you force the HN editor open in snapshot mode you can only get the current HN values/locations.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
MajkiiTelini wrote:
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Probably related to why we see multiple lines after editing (both before and after lines) for a bit in many cases.
I have spent lot of time to resolve this... But in last time I also have almost no edits for the HNs, so more informations to this problem will be helpful.
I fixed this in my local copy on my work PC. I'll send my changes to you tomorrow
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
JustinS83 wrote:
MajkiiTelini wrote:
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Probably related to why we see multiple lines after editing (both before and after lines) for a bit in many cases.
I have spent lot of time to resolve this... But in last time I also have almost no edits for the HNs, so more informations to this problem will be helpful.
I fixed this in my local copy on my work PC. I'll send my changes to you tomorrow
I changed the markerRemoveLine function to the following and it seems to work for me when moving HNs and deleting them.

Code: Select all

function markerRemoveLine(marker, permanent) {
	return function(){
		var HNtoRemove = W.model.segments.objects[marker.model.segID].attributes.primaryStreetID + "|" + marker.model.number + "|" + marker.model.id;
		var linesToRemove = HNNavPointsLayer.getFeaturesByAttribute("featureId", HNtoRemove);
		if (linesToRemove.length > 0) {
			HNNavPointsLayer.removeFeatures(linesToRemove);
			if (!permanent)
				observeRemovedLineTimer(marker);
		}
        if(W.map.getLayersByName("houseNumberMarkers")[0].markers[0].events.listeners.delete.length < 2)
            setMarkersEvents();
	}
}
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by krzycholub
dBsooner wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:44 pm 2023.07.20.01 is out!!

Changelog:

2023.07.20.01: CHANGE: Latest WME update compatibility.
               CHANGE: No longer removing HN or lines when first clicking a drag handle or HN input box.

Works great - thank you!

krzycholub
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by Larryhayes7
I was working in Beta WME and noticed that HN NavPoints is no longer showing from layers. This is working fine in Prod WME and I have had 2 Country managers also verify that it is not working for them either. I am running FireFox v69.0 I have also tried reinstalling the script from GreasyFork to no avail.
Larryhayes7
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
Having the numbers available is fabulous, thank you!

However, they are really hard for me to read and I'm sure I won't be the only one with old eyes that will complain about it. Configurable would be great, but at the least maybe make the numbers a darker black (they look like dark gray now) and bold? Or try a different font that might be clearer?

Thank you for all of your hard work on this script! :)
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
MajkiiTelini wrote:You can try modify settings of the font in the sourcecode on lines 56-58 (properties fontSize, fontFamily, fontWeight). Alternatively you can add a line with property for color of the font:

fontColor: "black",
Black is the default. Or you can use hex codes of colors:

fontColor: "#000000",
If you find better settings, let me know.
Thank you. I played around a bit and found that using

fontFamily: "Arial Black, monospace",
for line 57 was easier to read than Courier New.

I think using black for the outline and the white/yellow/red/orange as a the fill would help a lot. Other scripts, such as PIE and GIS-L use the black outline with a color fill and are much clearer to me. So, that is another thought if you and others think it would help.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
jm6087 wrote:
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Have to admit, I'm curious about the alternative solution to HNs in the CZ community....
My guess would be RPPs
We're getting really off-topic here, but you can always take a look at what they're doing: https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/?env= ... 7.20341099
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by lg1992
I still see both "before" and "after" lines if I move a number in such way that it gets anchored to another segment.
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Leonid, Country Manager, Israel