[Script] WME Fix UI v2.42 -- 2019-11-22

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.32.1 -- 2019-08-04

Postby Horizon911 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi,
1. Thanks for the great script.
2. Feature idea: It would be great to have the same controls for satelitte imaginery as for Google street view. (Especially contrast would be helping for seeking dusty roads in dusty/deserted areas.)
Cheers!
Horizon911

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.32.1 -- 2019-08-04

Postby iainhouse » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:03 am

abc1357 wrote:Thank you for moving the Layers/Refresh buttons to the top bar. However, I noticed that when I enter/exit House Number mode, both buttons disappear and I have to refresh the whole tab before the buttons reappear.

Damn! I forgot about that. When you enter HN mode, WME destroys the toolbar buttons and recreates them again when you exit HN mode. That used to cause me a problem when they were using the wrong icons on the buttons: I had to add some code to re-correct them after exiting HN mode.

Now, of course, if I move the floating buttons into the toolbar, they get destroyed and WME doesn't recreate them because it wasn't expecting them to be destroyed.

I should be able to work around this: either by floating them again whilst HN mode is open, or by preserving them somewhere, or even moving them when entering HN mode, then putting them back into the toolbar, then repeating that process when exiting HN mode. Might take a few days, though ;)

Horizon911 wrote:Feature idea: It would be great to have the same controls for satelitte imaginery as for Google street view. (Especially contrast would be helping for seeking dusty roads in dusty/deserted areas.)

I already have a setting to reduce the opacity of the aerials - mainly to stop them overwhelming the other map elements. But I can certainly look at adding brightness/contrast controls.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.33 -- 2019-08-11

Postby iainhouse » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:06 am

Version 2.33 is published on Greasyfork. This version brings a range of minor improvements and tweaks. :mrgreen:
  • When the Layers & Refresh buttons are moved back into the toolbar, they will now "survive" the change to House Number mode. This bug reminded me that changing units between metric/imperial also destroys and recreates the toolbar, so the buttons now survive that as well. For event mode, if the buttons have been moved to the toolbar, they will temporarily return to the map whilst in event mode.
  • I noticed that when Google Street View is open and the Layers button is in the toolbar, the layers menu would move over to the left, away from the button. That's now fixed.
  • If the Layers button is returned to the toolbar, the previous behaviour - where mousing over the button would open the menu without a click - is also restored
  • The "Hide Menu Labels" function is extended to hide the long button labels in the House Number toolbar.
  • Quite a long time ago, I noticed that another script (probably Toolbox) was loading the jQueryUI library - and I piggy-backed off of it's presence to make the UR and MP panels draggable. That stopped working about a year ago. Well I recently noticed that some UI elements for scripts were draggable, even though I can't see jQueryUI. So I've restored that code to working order. If the capability is available, UR/MP panels are draggable again. :)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby jm6087 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:59 am

iainhouse wrote:Version 2.33 is published on Greasyfork. This version brings a range of minor improvements and tweaks. :mrgreen:
If the Layers button is returned to the toolbar, the previous behaviour - where mousing over the button would open the menu without a click - is also restored

The hover over is extremely sensitive. When I get real close to the save button, the layers menu opens up.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby laurenthembprd » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:09 pm

jm6087 wrote:
iainhouse wrote:Version 2.33 is published on Greasyfork. This version brings a range of minor improvements and tweaks. :mrgreen:
If the Layers button is returned to the toolbar, the previous behaviour - where mousing over the button would open the menu without a click - is also restored

The hover over is extremely sensitive. When I get real close to the save button, the layers menu opens up.

I do not encounter the problem.
It works great for me.
(With Chrome)

Great thanks Iain for your perseverance to corrected and improve WME !!!
laurenthembprd
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.32.1 -- 2019-08-11

Postby iainhouse » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:59 pm

jm6087 wrote:The hover over is extremely sensitive. When I get real close to the save button, the layers menu opens up.

I'm afraid it can't be any more or less sensitive than it is. There is literally no setting to control it. If the mouse pointer moves over the layers button the menu will open - if it doesn't, it won't. It won't even open at the edge of the button - the "active" region is several pixels inside the button boundary.

The best I can do is put in a bit of margin between the save button and the layers button - but not too much! My mission is, after all, to remove unneeded whitespace. ;)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby jm6087 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:36 pm

iainhouse wrote:
jm6087 wrote:The hover over is extremely sensitive. When I get real close to the save button, the layers menu opens up.

I'm afraid it can't be any more or less sensitive than it is. There is literally no setting to control it. If the mouse pointer moves over the layers button the menu will open - if it doesn't, it won't. It won't even open at the edge of the button - the "active" region is several pixels inside the button boundary.

The best I can do is put in a bit of margin between the save button and the layers button - but not too much! My mission is, after all, to remove unneeded whitespace. ;)

I understand. It is probably more user issue than a true problem.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:01 pm

Here is behavior I've noticed about the layers panel that may have prompted the above comments.

If you happen to briefly mouse over the layers button and therefore accidentally invoke the layers panel while on your way to save your current edits, and then manage to click Save before the Layers panel can minimize again, the Layers panel persists and will not automatically minimize again until you mouse over the Layers button again.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
The Grumpy Dad
The more I learn, the more I discover how much I don't know.
SeveriorumPatrem
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jm6087 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:04 pm

SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Here is behavior I've noticed about the layers panel that may have prompted the above comments.

If you happen to briefly mouse over the layers button and therefore accidentally invoke the layers panel while on your way to save your current edits, and then manage to click Save before the Layers panel can minimize again, the Layers panel persists and will not automatically minimize again until you mouse over the Layers button again.

That may be what I have been doing, which would feel like it is hyper sensitive. :D
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby dspille » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:59 pm

I am seeing that behavior as well, although since I chose the option to move layers back to the toolbar, it seems far less likely that I will inadvertently hover over the layers button.
Thanks,
dspille
Country Manager, Multi-State Manager - South Central Region

SCR Wiki
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts