Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by laurenthembprd
When I click on the pin to keep the layers panel open, the pin will turn blue but the layer panel will not stay open.

Anyone encounter this problem?
laurenthembprd
Beta tester
Beta tester
Send a message

Post by laurenthembprd
Even without laying the mouse on the blue pin, after using various layers, SV, played with the zoom, etc...;after a while the layer panel closes itself.
laurenthembprd
Beta tester
Beta tester
Send a message

Post by laurenthembprd
WazingArch wrote:Hi, is it possible to make Layers menu appear on hovering the mouse over it?
It works (for me) on Chrome.

But the new WME version no longer includes a scrollbar when there are layers that are hidden below the bottom of the screen.
It's a problem ...

Iain, can you add a scrollbar if necessary, please ?
Thanks.
laurenthembprd
Beta tester
Beta tester
Send a message

Post by laurenthembprd
iainhouse wrote:
WazingArch wrote:Hi, is it possible to make Layers menu appear on hovering the mouse over it?
Hovering over the Layers button will make the Layers menu appear - but only if you're using the option to move the Layers button back into the toolbar. I have to balance the available functions against the ever-growing number of options for the script.

I could probably make the mouseover work when the layers button is on the map, but that would mean another option in the settings panel; another setting to be loaded/saved; another function to deal with mouse activity from another location. Not to mention that I think that having the layers button in the map area is stupid and I don't much feel like supporting that decision by Waze. :P
Thank you. :D
iainhouse wrote:
laurenthembprd wrote:But the new WME version no longer includes a scrollbar when there are layers that are hidden below the bottom of the screen.
It's a problem ...

Iain, can you add a scrollbar if necessary, please ?
It took a bit of looking for, but I think I've identified what you're seeing. I'm guessing you have the Layers menu compressed, but not into 2 columns, and on a fairly small screen? I managed to reproduce your issue with those settings.

The menu, as originally created by WME, has a fixed height. When Compress/Enhance Layers Menu is enabled, I set auto-height with a maximum of the original menu height. But the element I was getting that max-height from no longer has a height!

Instead I've altered my code. The maximum height of the menu will now be the height of the map window, less 26 pixels so as not to overlap the bottom status bar. That fix will be in the next release. Until then, why not try a 2-column Layers menu? :mrgreen:
I use the option 2-columns Layers menu. Even so, I can not see the "hidden" layers.
laurenthembprd
Beta tester
Beta tester
Send a message

Post by laurenthembprd
iainhouse wrote:The next addition is a fix for a bug that the WME Devs have recently introduced into both production & beta WME: Map comments in WME currently "cover" segments so they cannot be selected. This bug has been reported and accepted by Waze, but I've no idea when they will fix it. So I've done it for them. 8-) I've added a temporary fix that will move the Map Comments layer "below" segments & junction boxes, but still "over" landmarks. I'm not sure if that's where it's supposed to be, but it's very easy to toggle landmarks & map comments with shortcut keys. Please note: as this is a temporary fix, it's coded to the current version of prod/beta WME. So if they update either without fixing the bug, I will have to issue an update myself to re-instate the fix.
Thanks for the fix.
Can you do the same for POIs under map comments, please? :mrgreen:
laurenthembprd
Beta tester
Beta tester
Send a message

Post by laurenthembprd
Trexer0 wrote:I believe I've found an issue with the feature that highlights the status of segments after a tile build. By this I mean how the segment update and created times are shaded red until the tile build occurs and than it is shaded green to indicate the change is now live.

Currently the times are being changed to green prematurely when the change is not yet included in a tile build. I think it is being updated to green 24 hours too early, assuming a tile build occurs daily. This is the NA server.

I have an example from a recent case.
Segment was edited Sat Jan 09 2021 09:54:37
Segment is now Green but tile build has not yet occurred.
Cut-off for the Jan 10 tile build was Jan 09 2021 0800 (1600 GMT).
The segment should not be turned to green until the next tile build, since the change was made after the cutoff.

WME Map Tiles Update does this.
laurenthembprd
Beta tester
Beta tester
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
whathappened15 wrote:
iainhouse wrote:It's back to the drawing board to find some other way to control them.
I'm not at all skilled in this, but the line suggested by mapomatic earlier today seems to still work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Code: Select all

W.map.setLayerZIndex(W.map.getLayerByUniqueName("gps_points"), 1)
In the meantime, I stuck that code in a bookmarklet for myself so I could get the GPS points below the road layer. As a bonus, I can use it when I can't use scripts. The only downside is it needs to be called again on every hard refresh. Just stick the following into a bookmarklet if you want to use it that way for now:

Code: Select all

javascript: (function() { W.map.setLayerZIndex(W.map.getLayerByUniqueName("gps_points"), 1); })();
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
iainhouse wrote:What I have observed is that, the more scripts I disable, the tougher it is to generate the error. So it's starting to look like some sort of timing problem. But I should emphasise two things. One - I really don't have enough data to be sure. Two - I'm really not that much of a browser expert, so I'm not sure where to go from here.
The 500 error is a server-side error, so it is not caused by scripts. I have observed that it occurs less when not running scripts/extensions and have speculated that adding any scripts/extensions changes the timing and causes the 500 error to occur more frequently. I can verify that the 500 error does still occur if there are zero script/extensions running, just not nearly as often.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
Just as a note, your modification of the user button gives us all an icon of a level 6.....even if we're not. :o
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message