These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Voice Directions

Post by jerrymldzevo
For some unknown reason I can't change the Waze voice for a one that include the street names. The only that I can select are all that the street names are not included, does not matter the language. That is happening since 3 days ago. Is this is a new Waze update? I have the application on an iPhone and on Android and it is happening on both. I uninstalled and re-installed on both phones but the issue continue.
jerrymldzevo

POSTER_ID:17637428

Send a message

Post by dfw_gis
Hello jerrymldzevo. Are those options that say 'Including street names' not showing up in your app or you just can't select them? Also, where on this great planet of ours are you located?
dfw_gis
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Last edited by dfw_gis on Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by FelipeFrioziPG
Jesudsss
FelipeFrioziPG
Send a message

Post by FrankEven
Same issue on iPhone 7 with iOS 15
FrankEven
Send a message

Post by jerrymldzevo
dfw_gis wrote:Hello jerrymldzevo. Are those options that say 'Including street names' not showing up in your app or you just can't select them? Also, where on this great planet of our are you located?
Hello dfw_gis! Thanks for reply. Yes the options are showed is just that when I selected it they are never applied and always remain the option without the street name and in the navigation page I can see "Preparing the navigation voice 0%" for ever. I'm located in Puerto Rico and I have tried to select the English option ( US and UK) as well but having the same issue.
jerrymldzevo
Send a message

Post by jerrymldzevo
Is has been more than a month since my first post and it is look like there is no fix for this issue. A little update, I have tested on more that 12 phones new and old ones, Android and IOS with the same problem, the voice selection with street names simply does not works doesn't matter the language. So I believe that is is a bug for this application. Please help support bring an answer on why this is happening and if there is a fix. Thanks....
jerrymldzevo
Send a message

Post by MetalNash
I had the same issue, I live in Puerto Rico and it was working fine and then it stopped working. I tried with a couple of phones and none worked right. Last weekend I traveled to USA and it worked fine there. So Voice with Street Names is not working in Puerto Rico.
MetalNash
Send a message

Post by omrvw
Experiencing the same issue!

Select Jane’s voice and the top of Waze shows, “Preparing navigation voice: 0%” but it never reaches 1% of download.
omrvw
Send a message

Post by PatoDM75
Wow, it’s August 2021 and the issue persists. I have the same issue (Waze on iPhone 12, iOS 14.7.1)
PatoDM75
Send a message

Post by pr39th
Are there any solution to this???? Same problem here !!!
pr39th
Send a message