[Script] WME Fix UI v2.39.1 -- 2019-09-30

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Fix UI v2.32.1 -- 2019-08-11

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:14 pm

dspille wrote:I am seeing that behavior as well, although since I chose the option to move layers back to the toolbar, it seems far less likely that I will inadvertently hover over the layers button.

LOL I found the opposite to be true, since with the button moved back up, it is directly adjacent to the Save button, and I frequently go over too far and have to come back a bit, apparently.

I just need to slow down my erratic mouse movement and control myself, lol.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
The Grumpy Dad
The more I learn, the more I discover how much I don't know.
SeveriorumPatrem
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jm6087 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:13 pm

SeveriorumPatrem wrote:
dspille wrote:I am seeing that behavior as well, although since I chose the option to move layers back to the toolbar, it seems far less likely that I will inadvertently hover over the layers button.

LOL I found the opposite to be true, since with the button moved back up, it is directly adjacent to the Save button, and I frequently go over too far and have to come back a bit, apparently.

I just need to slow down my erratic mouse movement and control myself, lol.

Yep, that is my exact issue as well
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby iainhouse » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:41 am

I think I know what the issue is.

When the layers button originally was in the toolbar, mousing over the button would open it. Moving over the menu then out of it would close it - but also moving off the button on to the rest of the toolbar would close it.

What I've persuaded the menu to to is open when you mouseover the button - but if you move the mouse out of the button onto the toolbar, that doesn't close it.

I'm not sure if I can make that work again, or even how. A couple of hours of messing around haven't come up with a solution yet, but I'll keep trying. :)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby iainhouse » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:51 am

Another hour of playing and I have a solution.

Instead of trying something complex to keep the layers menu open, I've instead added a mouseover event to the Save button to hide the layers menu again - so if you move too far and open the layers menu, it will disappear when you move back over the Save button.

I also noticed that the layers menu could be left open if you move the mouse upwards out of the map window onto the browser chrome, so I also set an event to hide the menu if you move out of the actual web page.

I'll run it for a few days to test and it should be in the next version. :mrgreen:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby G_W1Z » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:59 pm

With the new profile button on the far right and subsequentially less top bar real estate, the edit count (from the Waze Edit Count Monitor script) is pushed down if you are also running FixUI.
Attachments
unknown.png
(137.63 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
G_W1Z
Pennsylvania LAM (USA:NOR)
Waze Etiquette | Pennsylvania Editing
A Phoenix out of the ashes...
iPhone XS | Apple Car Play
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
G_W1Z
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby iainhouse » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:22 pm

G_W1Z wrote:With the new profile button on the far right and subsequentially less top bar real estate, the edit count (from the Waze Edit Count Monitor script) is pushed down if you are also running FixUI.

That's not my fault, exactly, it's Waze's.

I'm guessing you're running in quite a small Window. This is down to the changes Waze have made to the Toolbar, as of the point where they moved the Layers & Refresh buttons onto the map. At that time, they changed the way the toolbar is constructed - it works fine if you don't add anything back to the toolbar, but that's not how we work!

I can see you've already added layers & refresh back to the toolbar, and you've got the ECM button there. If you're like most editors, you probably have Toolbox running as well. When the window is too small to accommodate all of that, things start overflowing because of the poor design of the toolbar.

There are a couple of things you can do to work around this. You turn on "Hide Menu Labels", which will save a significant amount of toolbar space. I also judge from your screenshot that you're using "low" compression in FixUI, so increasing that to "high" will make more room.

Lastly, my intention is to replace the new user icon with a smaller & simpler one if any top bar compression is applied - or I might even move it somewhere else entirely, since it really doesn't belong with map edit controls! So that update will improve things.

It might look like the image below. I welcome comments from anyone who think's that's a good/bad idea.
user.png
(65.32 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby ehepner1977 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Short of making the user icon go away altogether, I like the little person that expands. I'm personally ambivalent whether you make it clickable vs expand on hover.
SM: Missouri
ARC: PLN
LC: USA
[ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ]
ehepner1977
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby G_W1Z » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:31 pm

iainhouse wrote:
G_W1Z wrote:With the new profile button on the far right and subsequentially less top bar real estate, the edit count (from the Waze Edit Count Monitor script) is pushed down if you are also running FixUI.

That's not my fault, exactly, it's Waze's.

I'm guessing you're running in quite a small Window. This is down to the changes Waze have made to the Toolbar, as of the point where they moved the Layers & Refresh buttons onto the map. At that time, they changed the way the toolbar is constructed - it works fine if you don't add anything back to the toolbar, but that's not how we work!

I can see you've already added layers & refresh back to the toolbar, and you've got the ECM button there. If you're like most editors, you probably have Toolbox running as well. When the window is too small to accommodate all of that, things start overflowing because of the poor design of the toolbar.

There are a couple of things you can do to work around this. You turn on "Hide Menu Labels", which will save a significant amount of toolbar space. I also judge from your screenshot that you're using "low" compression in FixUI, so increasing that to "high" will make more room.

Lastly, my intention is to replace the new user icon with a smaller & simpler one if any top bar compression is applied - or I might even move it somewhere else entirely, since it really doesn't belong with map edit controls! So that update will improve things.

It might look like the image below. I welcome comments from anyone who think's that's a good/bad idea.

Thank you so much for the detailed response! Sorry, hope I wasn't coming off as pointing fingers, I was just explaining the behavior on my end.

The screenshot I originally posted above is my home setup, 1920x1080. At work, I run on 3840x2160 and it's fine with no runoff like with my home setup. I will try those steps you outlined when I get home :)
G_W1Z
Pennsylvania LAM (USA:NOR)
Waze Etiquette | Pennsylvania Editing
A Phoenix out of the ashes...
iPhone XS | Apple Car Play
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
G_W1Z
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jm6087 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:48 pm

Since it is already not intuitive as to what the profile button does, I have no issues with the move or design change. If I were to give my 2 cents, I would probably keep the wazer icon and not change to the little person, but not a huge deal either way.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby iainhouse » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:11 pm

I'll probably go for a combination of options.

When compression is enabled for the toolbar, I'll probably replace it with the simpler user icon - it depends how the wazer picture looks when it's shrunk further. I should note that I complained on the Beta forum about how the L6 picture looks - because it's all dark, it's a fairly indistinct blob on small screens. But it turns out that all the L1-L5 pictures look much better. So I'll experiment with shrinking those ones to see how it looks.

An interesting side note to that: the icon you see in my screenshot - that is a Waze-provided icon. So they have created a user icon - they just aren't using it!

Separately from the shrinking/replacing option, I'll have a separate option to move it over to the left. Since "Hide user info in sidebar" is now redundant, I can re-purpose the code structure to make it a "move" option instead. I'll definitely be giving this option - the UK Champs have already all chimed in and said they like it there. :D

In either case, there probably won't be an update until next week. The user icon slightly overflowing the toolbar isn't awful, and I have a vacation to prepare for.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts