Coming soon... (to your city)

USA PLN KS-MO MapRaid!

Post by SunnyRaynbows
Waze Plains Region is hosting a Kansas / Missouri MapRaid!

Click here:
https://i.imgur.com/mPFpZsL.png

Date: August 9 - 23, 2019
Who: Much love to our global friends; however, Raid is limited to North America & US Territory Editors (All Ranks)
What: Rural & Metro Editing - We have PURs, basemap, SLs, place editing, military, and more! Something for everyone

Great opportunity for new and experienced editors. Mentoring available. Group leaders wanted!

Raid Wiki: https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/US ... MO_MapRaid

More to come!

All Raid communication will be on the Waze PLN Discord: https://discord.me/wazepln
SunnyRaynbows
Coordinators
Coordinators

POSTER_ID:17382780

Send a message
Last edited by SunnyRaynbows on Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SunnyRaynbows
Partner Coordinator
Assistant Regional Coordinator - Plains

Post by dfw_gis
I'd say we had a really good impact on KS and MO. It was definitely a fun one and we certainly enjoyed our host region and their leadership :)
dfw_gis
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by JimboBaggins1966
SunnyRaynbows,

Thanks for posting those stats. Did you expect to have that many participants?

Finally, thanks to all the raid organizers and group leaders. Great job herding those editors, even the ones who strayed into other zones.

Have a great day,
JimboBaggins1966
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by juliansean
Great job by everyone and especially our group leaders!
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by kyhtak
I would have loved to have been part of it, but the timing just didn't work. Hopefully I'll be able to participate next time.
kyhtak  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message

Post by SunnyRaynbows
Final Week for sign-ups!

We're looking for all ranks and skill levels. If you're new, new-ish, or lack confidence in editing - we're here to help! If you're experienced and want to help the less experienced - we're here to help!

If you like basemap, speed limits, PURs, military - we have something for everyone. This is a two-state project with no shortage of work available.

Come join us! Registration now Closed!

Open to all US & US Territory editors
SunnyRaynbows
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Last edited by SunnyRaynbows on Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SunnyRaynbows
Partner Coordinator

Post by SunnyRaynbows
Overall, we had 175 sign-ups representing 42 states and 1 US Territory. We had 171 that finished the MapRaid! on August 24, 2019. All six ranks comprised the raid and the top three regions represented were PLN, NOR, and SAT with 14.9% of raiders each. New editors (R1 & R2) made up 21% of all participants.

We broke our two states into 12 groups. The groups were loosely formed based on Rural and Urban/Military qualities. Based on these qualities, each group had its own raid goals including basemap, connectivity, PURs, and place harmonization. One measurable goal was PURs across both states. Kansas had 1127 on August 8 and 15 on August 24 while Missouri had 875 and 49 in the same time period. Overall, 463,165 segments were edited while 224,822 were created (including cuts and merges).

We conducted an exit survey of the 171 editors who finished the raid. Of those, 79 participants responded. As seems the case with most raids, 65.8% indicated the raid length was just right, while 34% indicated the raid was too short. Given the sheer amount of basemap available, we were not surprised by this result. Overall, respondents gave an 89% approval rating for the raid, 92% responsiveness rating, 88.4% rating on the raid goals, 91.1% rating on the raid wiki, 93.4% rating for Discord, and 88.9% approval rating of their group leaders. Where we received particularly low marks was group size with a 56.8% approval rating.

Group size was a big debate for us as planners. We considered larger but fewer groups, smaller but more groups, and ultimately landed on the 12 groups which included 4 smaller, but more dense urban groups. Group size was also impacted by active raider numbers. A number of respondents indicated they either forgot about the raid or got busy with other activities to contribute. Our own intra-raid checking indicated about 8% of the raiders who signed up did not make any edits at least through the first week of the raid.

While not the first raid to use Discord as the principal communication tool, we were one of the first to host the raid locally on the regional Discord server instead of using the Waze Global & MR Discord server. This allowed for better management and changes on the fly. We received mixed reviews on everyone having access to all 12 groups versus only access to their own group. This was a debated and conscious decision on the part of the planners in order to better facilitate the redistribution of people between groups after a group’s goals had been met (which ultimately did not occur).

Overall, we are pleased with the outcome of the raid. The feedback we received indicated that it was a great raid for the participants as well. For example, “I was unsure whether or not to sign up for this one. I almost didn't but now I'm glad I did.”, “I felt the most comfortable in this raid than any other raid that I have participated in.”, “This was my first raid but I was incredibly impressed by the organization. Docs provided, and attention of my team leaders. Thanks so much for a great experience!” Finally, we had 12 raiders who requested and received AM in one or both states because they wanted to continue post-raid!

Thanks to all who participated!
SunnyRaynbows
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
SunnyRaynbows
Partner Coordinator

Post by SunnyRaynbows
JimboBaggins1966 wrote:SunnyRaynbows,
Thanks for posting those stats. Did you expect to have that many participants?
I had a personal goal of 200, but I wasn't disappointed nor upset by 175 especially for our first raid. Again, my thoughts, I think turn out may have been higher with a different time of year and, from a raid perspective, folks had not been exposed to PLN before. I think our next raid will have more participants.
SunnyRaynbows
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
SunnyRaynbows
Partner Coordinator

Post by SunnyRaynbows
The group photo has been added! Check out all those smiling faces!

https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/US ... roup_Photo
SunnyRaynbows
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
SunnyRaynbows
Partner Coordinator