Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Speed Cameras not reporting in Waze on Staten Island...

Post by Unix_Slayer
Staten Island, one of the 5 boros of NYC is barely showing any Speed Cameras in Waze. We have become inundated with Speed cameras on almost every other block. We are all adding them to Waze, but it seems Waze is still not reporting them almost 2 months later. When can we expect proper reporting of Speed Cameras on Staten Island? People are getting slammed with tickets.....
Unix_Slayer

POSTER_ID:17890249

Send a message

Post by jdelosa
You might want to suggest that your group check out nexar app.

It's a dashcam app for your phone that will allow for a shared video of your route with GPS tracking as well.

And it is very helpful to us as map editors because the image is publicly available once uploaded.

Thanks for all your Help with this.

We have been adding the cameras as quickly as we can identify there locations.
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by Unix_Slayer
List of definite Speed cameras on Staten Island....
Unix_Slayer
Send a message
Attachments

Post by Unix_Slayer
whoaitspete wrote:I will start adding these in. Do you have a source for that photo? I just can't find a similar list online so I was hoping this came from a source we could potentially check for updates from in the future.

This is a group of concerned citizens on a Facebook group page. There are now 4 more that were installed that are not on this list. I will have to give you a list of the 4 new installed speed cameras. Please see this link on Facebook for validations. Thanks....

https://m.facebook.com/groups/209766616 ... rce=result
Unix_Slayer
Send a message

Post by Unix_Slayer
whoaitspete wrote:Are these just permanent poles or are some people potentially reporting mobile cameras? Cameras take a few days to be added/removed from the app, so we don't want to add mobile cameras. I have been able to confirm a few off of your first list so far from other reports in the app.
Inside the Facebook group, people are posting the locations with a picture of the pole, and camera, and the street signs..... each one is a justified speed camera location...
Unix_Slayer
Send a message

Post by Unix_Slayer
whoaitspete wrote:Thanks! We'll add them as I or other editors get a chance. You should see some start to pop up in the app soon. Including the direction has been very helpful, as the ones that come in through the app typically don't have that information and is what leads to a delay in them being added.

If you could spread the word: It's much easier for us to add cameras if Wazers use the "Map Issues" button. If you tap that button right when you're passing the camera, that drops a report at your exact location. Then just type in speed camera and the direction (EB, WB, SB, NB) and that will help us place it quicker.

Will do.... thank you for your attention to this matter....
Unix_Slayer
Send a message

Post by Unix_Slayer
jdelosa wrote:You might want to suggest that your group check out nexar app.

It's a dashcam app for your phone that will allow for a shared video of your route with GPS tracking as well.

And it is very helpful to us as map editors because the image is publicly available once uploaded.

Thanks for all your Help with this.

We have been adding the cameras as quickly as we can identify there locations.
Actually I already have a Falcon Zero dashcam in my car. I've used video in court back in June for a red light camera ticket. Upon making a left turn on a green arrow, the car in front of me stopped because people were jaywalking across the street. The arrow turned red, and my car was photographed even though all 4 wheels were past the crosswalk. This is the reason I believe these cameras are faulty, and the City of NY has collected money on people that was not deserved.
Unix_Slayer
Send a message
Attachments

Post by Unix_Slayer
Unix_Slayer wrote:
whoaitspete wrote:Thanks! We'll add them as I or other editors get a chance. You should see some start to pop up in the app soon. Including the direction has been very helpful, as the ones that come in through the app typically don't have that information and is what leads to a delay in them being added.

If you could spread the word: It's much easier for us to add cameras if Wazers use the "Map Issues" button. If you tap that button right when you're passing the camera, that drops a report at your exact location. Then just type in speed camera and the direction (EB, WB, SB, NB) and that will help us place it quicker.

Will do.... thank you for your attention to this matter....

NEW SPEED CAMERA Southbound on Amboy Road, and Cedarview Avenue. I tried adding it with "Map Issues", but it doesn't give you a choice for Speed Camera. I tried to add it as a Speed Limit issue......
Unix_Slayer
Send a message

Post by whoaitspete
I will start adding these in. Do you have a source for that photo? I just can't find a similar list online so I was hoping this came from a source we could potentially check for updates from in the future.
whoaitspete
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

USA Local Champ | NY State Manager | Android Beta Tester
Northeast Region Discord / NY Wazeopedia / Waze NY Twitter