Richmond, VA map issue

Post by usanajan
1) The path to my apartment building is closer to Cary Street than the map shows.
2) My apartment building is actually a lot closer to Lafayette than Malvern. Also, parking for my apartment is in a lot parallel to Lafayette.
Your map always routes me to the wrong place. If you place the pin where my home actually is then Waze should route me to turn on Lafayette from Cary and then make an immediate left into the parking lot.
I have been referred here by Waze support. Please tell me how to proceed. I have pictures of maps if that will help.
JH1997
usanajan

POSTER_ID:17895333

Send a message

Post by MrNicGuy
Thanks for the follow-up, usanajan. There was an improper turn restriction that was just corrected. Give it a few more days for the latest change to reach the mobile app.
MrNicGuy
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
Hi, I adjusted the addresses on Malvern Ave. You did not state what your address is but will assume it is 3, 5, 7, 9, 19, 21, 23, 25, 33, 35, 37, 39, 47, 49, 51, 53, or 55 Malvern Ave. If so then it is fixed.

Please remove any instance of this address from your history and favorites by the following: https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6262570?hl=en.
Then, perform a new search and resave. If you don't remove the old results from your navigation or Favorites/Home/Work, then you will continue to be routed to the old coordinates.

If it is 11, 27, or 31 Malvern Ave they are also fixed but not getting routed to Lafayette St. Please follow the instructions above to clear the route history.

For 1, 13, 15, 17, 41, 43, 45, or 57 Malvern Ave they are adjusted but will probably take to Wed to reach the app, but may take up to a week in rare circumstances. So after Wed try the above to see if it works.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue. If so also click the check mark by the title of the topic to show it is done. If not let us know what the address is, so that we can work on that one specifically.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by subs5
My routing in the app is to Lafayette and the left onto Lafayette and then a right turn into the one way parking lot road and then to the front of your building.
Join us on the MAR Discord server and I can send you some screenshots.
Here is the link to sign up for MAR Discord. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... A/viewform
Did you perform the steps above?
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by usanajan
It's 19 Malvern Ave. Home shows up in Waze where the leasing center is at 41.5 Malvern. Building 19 is closer to Cary and closer to Lafayette.
usanajan
Send a message

Post by usanajan
Thank you for your help. I did follow the steps. However, the routing is not right. It took my out of the way on a route that took 5 minutes longer to get home (from W Cary to S Hamilton to Ellwood Ave to Lafayette). Also, the app still does not recognize when I have arrived home.
The correct routing would be simply W Cary to 2nd right on Lafayette and quick left into the parking lot. The only way to enter the parking lot westbound is to turn onto Lafayette from Cary.
usanajan
Send a message