How to participate as level 1 - i.e. Speed Limits

Post by ghostmju
Hiya!

I'm currently on vacation in Croatia / Korcula.
Today I had a trip from one side of the island to the other and saw the speed limits are not registred on the map, so I sent a map issue whenever I passed a speed limit sign.
Now back at my place I thought I could edit them - but nor is my level high enough nor would I see my own issues.

So happy to help but this way I can't.

cu,
-mju
ghostmju

POSTER_ID:13431958

Send a message

Post by ghostmju
Hiya skubko,

thanks for your reply - I obviously forgot to subscribe to my own topic so I noticed it only today.
skubko wrote:in case it is a level issue, you see this information when you select any segment on the map. It tells you what level it is locked to. Plus, you need to have editable area on the place you want to edit. But as you drove through there, editable area should be ok for you.
Well yes, it's a level issue for me, as I have zero edits and I need I think 3k edits to get to level 2 - which is - especially with most areas I'm currently or regularily visiting being level 3+ only - impossible to do from my point of view.
skubko wrote:Regarding your URs (update requests) - how did you report them? As General error for example or as a speed limit? If you reported them as speed-limit, then unfortunately they will not appear on the map. This functionality is no longer working from the application, it is just a matter of time when they also remove that option from reporting. In case you want to report some speed, use rather General error and write to the comment the speed limit.
Errm... sorry - I know you're the wrong person to address, but that's something that disappoints me heavily.
It's hard enough to report speed limits the way it is currently possible, now I understand this work was for nothing (I already got in Germany the info, that some of my reports were just for fun because there's another data source).
I definitely don't engage in "small talk" for issues, even as passengers the frequency of speed limit changes was that high that I had issues to be ready in time for the next one.

This way the collaborative aspect of Waze is dead for me (besides heavy traffic reporting...).
Happy to help, but currently I constantly learn my invest is for nothing (can't edit because my level is to low, can't increase my level because I can't edit, report efforts are either lost in the void or generally not useable because of other issues).
skubko wrote:Once you see your URs and want to change the speed limit to the correct one, but you will not have enough lock level to do that action, just write here and somebody will unlock that segment for you so you could do it. Unfortunately, that someone will not be me as I do not have editable area in Korcula.
If there's no way to get to the speed limit update requests...

But thanks for the clarification and all the best here and in real life,

cu,
-mju
ghostmju
Send a message

Post by skubko
ghostmju wrote:Hiya!

I'm currently on vacation in Croatia / Korcula.
Today I had a trip from one side of the island to the other and saw the speed limits are not registred on the map, so I sent a map issue whenever I passed a speed limit sign.
Now back at my place I thought I could edit them - but nor is my level high enough nor would I see my own issues.

So happy to help but this way I can't.

cu,
-mju
Hello,

in case it is a level issue, you see this information when you select any segment on the map. It tells you what level it is locked to. Plus, you need to have editable area on the place you want to edit. But as you drove through there, editable area should be ok for you.
Regarding your URs (update requests) - how did you report them? As General error for example or as a speed limit? If you reported them as speed-limit, then unfortunately they will not appear on the map. This functionality is no longer working from the application, it is just a matter of time when they also remove that option from reporting. In case you want to report some speed, use rather General error and write to the comment the speed limit.

If then you come to your PC, you should see your URs without any problem - also, sometimes there is a delay in displaying of URs, sometimes days, but it was also weeks, but I see that now this should not be the case as I can see also fresh URs in the map.

Once you see your URs and want to change the speed limit to the correct one, but you will not have enough lock level to do that action, just write here and somebody will unlock that segment for you so you could do it. Unfortunately, that someone will not be me as I do not have editable area in Korcula.

Cheers
skubko
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
Hi ghostmju,

well, do not be that pesimistics :)... I agree that Waze should have removed the option to report speed limits like that a long time ago as it is not working. But other reports are working fine, also routing, reporting etc. Yes, from time to time we deal with different issues, but who does not. I fully understand your frustration. My last visit in Croatia I also reported around 50 URs (on just 3 roads) with speed limits (but correct ones :) ), so I know how much effort it took for you to do it; thanks for that, unfortunately, well, it was as you wrote "just for fun"...

Regarding editing, do not be frustrated or disappointed. It is not that hard to get to L2/L3. You can always ask senior editors to unlock some area for you - also now when you are at home you can edit Croatia on the places you visited (until 3 months from your visit; then you will loose that option). Also, at home in Germany, just contact your local community asking how you can help. There is always place to help anywhere - you can add missing house numbers, missing POIs etc. Depends on the community. So, bottom line - do not be frustrated, you can get higher, just find out how you can help :)

Have a nice day.
skubko
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message