Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by robin1979
zzyzxuk wrote:It has an immediate impact on those of us who are active mappers - I might not want to spend as much time over the next few weeks adding roads if some batch job is about to do it for me, so support - could you let us know what we can expect?
+1 :twisted:
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
OMG it is starting!

I'm two messages in the area I am editing (alternating between the GERMAN and FRENCH text), that people should stop editing while the maps are being uploaded.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
Thanks guys,

The German map is really looking good, and we are getting small parts of the Netherlands as well 8-) .

Keep up the hard work,
Robin
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
naesstrom wrote:I'm guessing that the roads with red dots is to show what's imported, thats really nice so you easily can tell what's driven or not!
I think by red dots you mean the access-restrictions with all roads now being 'no access'-roads?
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
gerben wrote:
robin1979 wrote:The German map is really looking good, and we are getting small parts of the Netherlands as well 8-) .
One problem, the Dutch roads are labeled as German. Will this be fixable for users?
No problemo
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
gerben wrote:As the country field is non-editable (or so it seems), how do we edit them?
When you edit the road (eg. change its name), it automagically changes the country with it.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
padril wrote:
naesstrom wrote:
Dave2084 wrote:Please can we have the UK next? :)
Sorry, I gave them my friends firstborn son so that Sweden would get it next... ^^
Ok so the bid is one firstborn son. I raise you one pint of beer on top of that for the UK to be next :D
Uhmm... That devalues it, no-one outside the UK likes English beer :D
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
naesstrom wrote:well... if you see it like this instead!

If countries with few wazers get the map updates, it's a higher probability that they will get more new wazers since the basemaps are already done, starting waze and not being able to use it makes most people drop it!
While countries that already have many wazers can manage a bit longer... ;)
Yeah, previously I had to agree with you, but now I've seen the German maps, I have turned around. After the basemap update, there needs a lot of work to be done. Currently a lot of Dutch wazers are updating the maps, it would be a shame if we had to do this again. So, because of the already large established userbase, Netherlands, Italy and UK should have priority!
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
The Fej wrote:Here is the latest update: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2885
I think you made a great choice in the order of imports! Thanks for keeping us updated!
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by seeadler1
zzyzxuk wrote:That looks fantastic guys.... Looks like most (all?) roads are showing up and not just a few!
Yes, in my area the new roads are pretty close to what google maps is showing. So there are a lot of new roads. And they look fairly accurate.

This will bring waze a big step closer to being really useful in Germany.
seeadler1
Send a message
Osnabrück, Germany - Area Manager