Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

Travelling NW along A322 between M3 and Bracknell

Post by ditchi56
At the junction with the A332 Swinley Road, traffic travelling NW along the A322 towards Bracknell ought to be directed to "keep left". Although the direction of travel is straight, only the left lane is supposed to be used for the A322, with the right lane turning right onto the A332. Can anybody suggest how to achieve this?

(and what idiot in the old MOT decided that having adjacent roads numbered A322 and A332 would be a good idea?!)
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5

POSTER_ID:7741216

Send a message

Post by ditchi56
I've had a go - would anybody like to advise whether I've done it right.

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&l ... TTTTTTTTFT
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Thanks, especially for the bit about pressing 'S' to see all the arrows - I'd not come across that before. And you were right, I had overlooked the red one.

I've actioned your other suggestions too, although I'm not sure how much of the A322 should be called "Bracknell Rd". Can't see any signs on the ground, so I've made a guess based on other mapping websites.

Perhaps in about two weeks, someone will tell me whether it works; I don't go this way every day myself.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dknight212
ditchi56 wrote:At the junction with the A332 Swinley Road, traffic travelling NW along the A322 towards Bracknell ought to be directed to "keep left". Although the direction of travel is straight, only the left lane is supposed to be used for the A322, with the right lane turning right onto the A332. Can anybody suggest how to achieve this?

(and what idiot in the old MOT decided that having adjacent roads numbered A322 and A332 would be a good idea?!)
can you give a permalink so someone can fix this please
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
A few things:

1. Check that you have a green arrow for the junction from A322 (N) to A332, looks red to me. You can see both arrows by pressing S, that spreads out direction arrows that would otherwise be on top of each other.

2. I'd consider putting the road split further to the south than it is, giving more warning

3. Consider labelling the A322 dual carriageway sections so that they have a cardinal direction like A322 (S) and A322 (N). And if it has a name then give both carriageways the name as well eg A322 (S) Bracknell Way

4. I think what you have done will give you the correct instructions, but you can only be certain by testing it when it goes live.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
ditchi56 wrote:Thanks, especially for the bit about pressing 'S' to see all the arrows - I'd not come across that before. And you were right, I had overlooked the red one.

I've actioned your other suggestions too, although I'm not sure how much of the A322 should be called "Bracknell Rd". Can't see any signs on the ground, so I've made a guess based on other mapping websites.

Perhaps in about two weeks, someone will tell me whether it works; I don't go this way every day myself.
Timbones has a script for the livemap page, it will show you the directions as provided to the client.

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13511
dknight212
Send a message

Post by Timbones
I'm guessing the OP means here: http://world.waze.com/livemap/?zoom=9&l ... =121679002

A 'keep left' instruction can be achieved by changing the name of one of the segments, before or after the point where the A332 splits off. You might even want to move the split further away from the junction, so the driver gets warned about it sooner. (Lanes actually start at the previous junction, though that might splitting it too early).
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries