Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

UK Toll Roads - Progress Tracking

Post by
Good news! Toll roads are coming to the UK, and the editor now has a check box for Toll roads.
Bad news: we've already done them all. Here's a list of them: Toll Road and CCZ Progress

The Durham CCZ still needs to be done, so if anyone knows how that works feel free to get that sorted. The list of ferries isn't complete either, but that shouldn't be particularly important for drivers. If you know of any we've missed, please add it on.

Waze have said that they will enable the "Avoid Toll Roads" feature in the client once we've reached 90% coverage of toll roads in the UK. I think we've definitely met that criteria. :)

POSTER_ID:1445148

Send a message

Post by bozwell
Out of curiosity I had a look at the Editor but I can't see the toll road checkbox. Where does it appear?

Also, If a toll only applies in one direction I assume the roads have to be split to deal with that?
bozwell
Send a message

Post by bozwell
Timbones wrote:
Bozwell wrote:Out of curiosity I had a look at the Editor but I can't see the toll road checkbox. Where does it appear?
Try pressing Shift+F5, or clearing your cache.
Bozwell wrote:Also, If a toll only applies in one direction I assume the roads have to be split to deal with that?
Yes.
The tickbox appeared when I looked again just now. The Tamar Bridge on the A38 needs changing as the toll is only charged when travelling Ease towards Plymouth. I don't have editing right there to change it.

https://world.waze.com/map-editor/?zoom ... =121718843

Note that the main (Red) A38 needs splitting but the other road next is separate and only runs East.
Could be tricky to fit it all in.
bozwell
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
You've missed the Eling Toll Bridge https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&l ... TTTTTTTTFT. And a rename of the "bridge" (actually a road along the top of a dam) to separate it from "Eling Hill" would be good. I do it myself, but I haven't been down there since starting to use Waze, so don't have editing rights.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Just be very careful in London, it's been discussed and being dealt with.

David using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
xteejx wrote:Dartford and London are done, please leave them. See this is why they should never have allowed this feature. David, you want to level 4 lock all those ccz roads? Might be a good idea. Can you lock Dartford too?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
I'm on IRC if you want.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
and well done to xteejx for sorting out the London scheme, very fiddly it is too!
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Timbones wrote:Waze have said that they will enable the "Avoid Toll Roads" feature in the client once we've reached 90% coverage of toll roads in the UK. I think we've definitely met that criteria. :)
I requested yesterday that they enable Tolls in the UK at their earliest convenience given they had pretty much all been entered over here!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
hailstorm wrote:How did you manage to get it all done so quick?? It's only just been announced.
There aren't actually many in the UK and it was released to a beta group a few days ago.

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by floppyrod84
Dartford and London are done, please leave them. See this is why they should never have allowed this feature. David, you want to level 4 lock all those ccz roads? Might be a good idea. Can you lock Dartford too?

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
You're very welcome :-)

floppyrod84
Send a message