The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by InstantT
In France, It's a shame, the livechat was great to be able to communicate with new publishers directly with the editing window.
It also allowed to have life, human warmth during the edition and to be able with help and advice in the same windows ...

///
En France, C'est dommage, le livechat était super pour pouvoir communiquer avec les nouveaux éditeurs directement avec la fenetre d'édition.
Cela permettait aussi d'avoir de la vie, de la chaleur humaine pendant l'édition et de pouvoir avec des aides et conseils dans la memes fenetres...
InstantT
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by james890526
January 2020, that's 2-3 months away. Good news and also something to look forward to
james890526
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Best regards,
Lee Zhong Zhen
Local Champ - Malaysia

Waze Malaysia http://i.imgur.com/RVOq2tk.png https://i.imgur.com/6Rk8oL5.png https://i.imgur.com/vk73Muu.png

Post by jm6087
voludu2 wrote:Please make plans to replace and improve the live user and WME chat features. I think you did not understand how important these features are to map maintenance.
* Chat was very valuable for one-time WME users who are just there to bring up a change to the roads, request a closure, etc. One-time could find someone in chat, who could get help from another member of the editing community in the correct state. These users don't know how to find Waze map editors in discord, slack, or google hangouts, and very rarely know about the Waze forums.
* The live user feature was very valuable for working with one-time and first-time WME users because these users have not yet learned about how to create a permalink to communicate where a problem is. Scripts added a "jump to live user" feature for any live users listed in chat.
* The chat feature was a very valuable way to let first-time editors know that the waze community exists, and to give them links to the appropriate chat/discussion platforms where they could join the community.
* Therefore chat and live user features were tremendously helpful in bringing new editors into the waze map editing community.
* The ability to see live users on the map definitely made map editing feel more social, and more fun, which has helped retain many waze map editors.

We need to keep attracting and retaining waze editors. We need to increase the number editing in those parts of the world, like in our big cities, where the roads and intersections are changing all the time.
Thank you.
I believe it has been said that they are working on a replacement.
voludu2 wrote:Please consult the waze editing community before making major changes in order to learn more about how these changes will affect the editing community, and therefore the future quality of the waze maps.

From all the discussion, I think they did consult the GCs (who speak for the editing community) and the GCs gave the opinion of the editing community. It is my understanding that the issue with the current chat has something to do with the new login infrastructure and the current chat would not be able to be used with it.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
In my opinion, all of this complaining and "striking" will do nothing.

Even if the reasons given to the Global Champs were not entirely forthcoming
The reasons we were given were:
Poor capabilities of WME Chat
Low usage of WME Chat
Increased use of external services like Slack & Discord
It was stated in the very first post of this thread that the true reason by the Chat being discontinued is
The infrastructure team are upgrading the login servers; as part of this, the new service will not be compatible with either chat or live users. To quote Ruben "In this case it was somewhat not fully expected also from our side."
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Thanks Vince

If people actually read your post instead of just throwing out complaint after complaint, then maybe it will help.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Lulucmy wrote:EDIT : And btw do you have any ETA about the chat ?
Answered in Hezi's post that you quoted
HeziBez wrote:Rebuilding it in a way that's compatible with the new server requires rewriting most of the code so we cannot currently provide an ETA.
There will be a downtime between the deprecation of the current version and the release of the new one.
TRIANAV77 wrote:waze should implement something new to replace this tool
Answered in Hezi's post
HeziBez wrote:Community feedback has clarified how important the WME chat is, so it will be rebuilt.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Thanks iainhouse for your update and comments.

I would add to the wishlist (not a high priority IMO)

Ability to paste images/screenshots so you can show someone what you are seeing.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
The Chat Icon disappearing has been reported as a Beta Bug at the request of Waze.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by JohnDoe75
Addon was compensating very well lacks in Chat.

What a miss
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JohnDoe75
CoolCityCat wrote:
mhh60 wrote:Just a week ago I was able to reach out to a new editor after seeing his hardhat. As much as Chat may have sucked, being able to see live users was useful especially when editing collaboratively such as during raids. The timing could not have been worse with the raid that started today in Alabama and Florida.
The timing could not have been worse with the raid that is currently in progress in Malaysia!
We have one starting in the next few days :roll:
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message