Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by turbomkt
kahlcolimon wrote:Upss... Grrr!!! This time magic doesn't want to work for me. :cry:
It's working for me, but I have the Waze Wrapper fix in place and that might be enough. As an addition to the recommendation of URO+ fixing things...try to have URO+ load before Validator.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by turbomkt
Mapman44 wrote:Perhaps in the future there should be a provision that Waze will have full access rights to any script written for and used by Waze in the event the creator no longer wants to maintain it.
I think that's hard to enforce. These scripts are written by Wazers and hosted elsewhere. Now if Waze wanted to compensate them for making WME better...
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
bz2012 wrote:How about someone building an 'interface' (shell) within which Validator would be installed.
That interface would give Validator a filtered view of WME and that view would look exactly like WME did before Waze 'updated' WME.

That should be possible (I'm not saying easy) and that would not violate the usage terms for Validator.

I know I can't do it, and it might be slow and some of the errors might be difficult to 'translate' from 'new WME' to 'old WME'. But it should be possible. And heck, it might even be easier than figuring out how to 'fix' Validator. :)

Just a crazy idea that occurred to me. (kind of like 'sugar coating the bitter medicine')
I believe this is the essential intent of Waze Wrap.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
jdelosa wrote:So if Mr. berestovskyy , ever does come back to this script, it would be great if there as a shut off button for the report, so the script is not using memory to compile a report i am not going to use.

I hope he will because this is one of the most useful scripts. Thanks for you work. JD
By default I don't have it running.

Off
https://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/turbomkt/Waze/Validator%201_zps7gvvq9mi.jpg

On
https://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/turbomkt/Waze/Validator%202_zpssfefkkyb.jpg
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
That makes sense. But at the same time, the script has to know what segments to highlight and how. That might be where the log comes in.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
berestovskyy wrote:Thanks, yaacobyy. Will be fixed in the next release.
This should NOT be fixed. With two segments like the example, Waze may suggest a route via the wrong way. It's counter-intuitive, but I have seen it done. A two segment loop, even with one way segments, must be fixed.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
I'm going to guess most US editors would want it disabled by default since we use WMEPH.

This is based on the assumption that much of what it scans for overlaps what WMEPH already does for the US, but without the integrated tools to fix the issues found.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
What version are you using? It works for me.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
I may have misunderstood the use case. Since then I have seen the issue.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike