Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Multiple Entry Points - Released

Post by Vespucci41
Hey All,

We are happy to announce that the Multiple Entry Point feature is now available.

You will now be able to add more than one entry point to polygon venues, up to 20.
The feature will give you the capability to Add, Delete, Move and set an entry point as the main one for a venue.

Every entry point should have a name, the name will be shown in the client ETA screen.
It’s important to keep the name short to fit the card and make sure it’s easily understandable.

DOs & DONTs

Is good to use the Multiple Entry Points for venues like Stadium, Parks, Shopping Centers and venues that have more than one gate/entrance, all of them allowing the driver to reach the general desired destination and the main concern of the driver would be to get to whatever the closest entry point is.

Don’t use the Multiple Entry Points to hack/solve the nested places scenarios. For example airports being the general venue and the different Terminals nested inside the general venue perimeter. Although you can choose to add multiple entry points to the specific terminal venue in case there are.
Another good example of nested place would be big malls that could have nested parking lots and stores within the polygon.

The release in the client will be in 2 phases

Phase 1: (Current Status)

In Phase 1 the feature will be open to RBS users.

After the driver choose the destination, will receive the card specifying the entrance of the venue. In phase one the best route will lead the driver to the best/optimal entry point. It may coincide with the closest one, but not necessarily.
By clicking on the card the card will be taken back to the search screen.

In case you want to drive to a different entry point you will need to choose the specific ‘venue’, you have built to emulate the entry point till now, from the search. That’s why is important to leave them in phase 1 and only add multiple entry points to the main venue.
Multiple_entry_point_ETA@2x.png
(157.32 KiB) Downloaded 3435 times
Multiple_entry_point_overview@2x.png
(107.74 KiB) Downloaded 3422 times

Not Supported Scenarios in phase 1:
Add Stop
Alternate Routes (The 2nd or 3rd alternative may lead to a different entry point. )
Plan Drives

In all the cases above the driver will be routed to the main entrance.

Phase 2:

After the driver choose the destination, will receive the card specifying the entrance of the venue.
From the drop down menu the driver will be able to choose the specific entrance he want to drive to.

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 12.39.51 PM.png
(121.35 KiB) Downloaded 4157 times
FAQ

1. Will you release the feature for point places?
We already forwarded the feature request with some scenarios to the team and we will keep you posted!

2. During Phase 1 roll-out, where this functionality is limited to RBS users, will Prod App / RPS utilize the point marked "Main?"

During phase 1 the production app users will be routed to the original entry point, meaning the one that originally was there before adding new entry points.
If while testing you you came up with a non consistent scenario let us know and we will investigate.

Related to this, in case the original entry point will be moved, it will not possible to route to the venue from the History in client since the lon/lat has changed.

Enjoy!!!
Ruben

Vespucci41
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:17527666

Send a message

Post by vince1612
There was confusion about the source of the image since nothing was mentioned of it. Which lead to a legitimate concern about valid rules, followed by an error in moderation mainly due to the fact that the image was not using the same URL from OP, nor referring to it by inviting the person to go back and check the picture there, but was posted/uploaded as a brand new image instead. It happens, moving on ;)
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by vince1612
jm6087 wrote:
santyg2001 wrote:...[Please check the attachment.]

Thanks.
--
Since I am not part of App Beta, I don't know if the guidelines are the same, so I ask the question.

Is it ok to post App Beta only features (pictures) in public forum? I know for WME Beta, it is not allowed.
It's not, thanks for pointing it out.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.

Post by vince1612
kumiankka wrote:Thus, places can't be designed for multiple entry points because only one of them will actually work.
That statement seems a little too absolute. We're simply in an in-between period now between the full support and the "old way" to map it. Places can be prepared/designed for multiple entry points, but editors who choose to do it must keep in mind that for non-RBS testers they need to keep any segments on the map and the "original" stop point setup as main. Then only once it's fully released they can edit the main stop point, all the rest will be ready.
If you do it that way it changes nothing for Wazers getting routed to the place and you can still test the other entries on RBS, I've done so myself and it works without any impact on other Wazers.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by vince1612
yuribk wrote:1. Are there any rules for naming the entries? Does it have to have one named "Main" or "In" or something like that, or it can be whatever and that name doesn't matter when routing?
This is something to discuss with your local editing community. I suggest asking the Brazilian Champs in your forum.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Vestigal
Any progress on when phase 2 will be ready?
Vestigal
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... r-N-N5.gif
Vestigal (6), Country Coordinator, Local Champ, Australian Editing Community
Kurt
44,000km driven with Waze | 4280 UR's Resolved | 12,319,214 km² Managed Area
-
Join us in the Waze Australia Discord Server.

Post by Vespucci41
dBsooner wrote:Another point to notice this is for APs ONLY. It has been requested multiple times to include MEPs for PPs, but that request is still "up in the air" the last I checked.
vespucci41 wrote: FAQ

1. Will you release the feature for point places?
We already forwarded the feature request with some scenarios to the team and we will keep you posted!
Vespucci41
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
Walmart is usually a Place Point. We have asked for PPs to get this, but there is no indication of if/when it would happen.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by Sr-Navi-Gator
Seems like this is a really slow roll out. I have read the Waze-O and searched forum for post for possibilities and found the descriptions for Parking Lots and Shopping Malls. I want to ask about a much simpler example: Wal-Mart Super Centers almost everywhere have a Grocery Side and a Department Store Side and also an obvious Garden Center entrance. But for someone being dropped off, would it be useful to identify the Grocery side entrance from the Department/Pharmacy Side entrance?

I am sure there are many other retail PPs that have similar identifiable entrances. Mens Clothing Side and Womens Clothing Side of many Department Stores.
Sr-Navi-Gator
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message