[Script] Street Vector Layer

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script][Beta] Street Vector Layer

Postby PesachZ » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:48 am

Another request if you're interested. add the option for decoration on runways. WME default is white and black alternating line. This can be done in your layer with a white road color and a black dash decoration.

P.S. When will 1.0 be available for download?

Edit: v1.0 downloaded 3 hours ago :D

PPS for anyone interested here is my version of the native WME colors, trying to replicate as accurately as possible the colors, thickness and style. I use this layer primarily as a backup for the tiles when they aren't loading properly, so I want it to look the same.

Code: Select all
{"version":"1.0","clutterCostantNearZoom":"700","clutterCostantFarZoom":"700","streets":[null,{"strokeColor":"#fefde8","outlineColor":"#000","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#fdfba8","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#676ec6","strokeWidth":"6","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#b3bdb5","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#b1ae9b","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#42a1bd","strokeWidth":"5","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#69c288","strokeWidth":"4","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#847347","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},null,{"strokeColor":"#858585","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},null,null,null,null,{"strokeColor":"#86afab","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dashdot"},{"strokeColor":"#6a6a6a","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#b7bb80","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#ffffff","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#ffffff","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dashdot"},{"strokeColor":"#aaaaaa","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"}],"red":{"strokeColor":"#ff0000","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},"roundabout":{"strokeColor":"#111","strokeWidth":1,"strokeDashstyle":"dash"},"toll":{"strokeColor":"#25f5fd","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},"closure":{"strokeColor":"#ff0000","strokeWidth":"8","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},"restriction":{"strokeColor":"#efc02e","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},"arrowDeclutter":"10"}
Last edited by PesachZ on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:12 am

bedo2991 wrote:
PesachZ wrote:Another request if you're interested. add the option for decoration on runways. WME default is white and black alternating line. This can be done in your layer with a white road color and a black dash decoration.

P.S. When will 1.0 be available for download?

Version 1.0 is already available for download since the time of the post.
Do you have any problem updating it?

I don't see why it can be useful to have a decoration on runway (that is practically a useless road type) just to make it look like the Waze one.
You can just pick another color and another pattern. Doing it will slow down the execution and I really don't think is worth it. The same goes for railroads.

At the moment runways have a bright color to detect when users use that type as a taxi Lane... Not because I want them to look nice on the map.

It did download after I posted here (3 hours ago), I updated my earlier post. I understand you reasoning with the decorations.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:07 pm

bedo2991 wrote:Version 1.1 (requires to store the preferences to default)
  • Slider for label outline width
  • Roads layers are disabled automatically if enabled (there is an option to disable this, if you really want to).
  • When zooming out at level 0 or 1 the default road layer is displayed automatically (so that we can even see the city names), when zooming in again the vector layer comes back and the road layer gets disabled (unless you changed the option mentioned at the previous point).
Warning
  • When you want to share a permalink remember to enable the road layer again, otherwise the others will get a permalink with the road layer disabled, if they don't have this script.

Thanks for the quick progress. I updated the script, got a popup to backup my settings with export text there ready to copy.
I copied the string (I'm including it here for reference).
{"version":"1.0","clutterCostantNearZoom":350,"clutterCostantFarZoom":410,"streets":[null,{"strokeColor":"#fefde8","outlineColor":"#000","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#fdfba8","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#676ec6","strokeWidth":"6","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#b3bdb5","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#b1ae9b","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#42a1bd","strokeWidth":"5","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#69c288","strokeWidth":"4","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#847347","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},null,{"strokeColor":"#858585","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},null,null,null,null,{"strokeColor":"#86afab","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dashdot"},{"strokeColor":"#6a6a6a","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#b7bb80","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#ffffff","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#ffffff","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dashdot"},{"strokeColor":"#aaaaaa","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"}],"red":{"strokeColor":"#ff0000","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},"roundabout":{"strokeColor":"#111","strokeWidth":1,"strokeDashstyle":"dash"},"toll":{"strokeColor":"#25f5fd","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},"closure":{"strokeColor":"#ff0000","strokeWidth":"8","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},"restriction":{"strokeColor":"#efc02e","strokeWidth":"2","strok
eDashstyle":"dash"},"arrowDeclutter":"10","labelOutlineWidth":"3","disableRoadLayers":true}

I then went to import it back into the script using paste, and I get an error message.
Your strings seems to be somehow wrong. Please check that is a valid JSON string

If I use the code I exported from the earlier version of the script, it imports just fine, and shows my previous settings.

Also I have another request. Could you add the option for this script to load disabled (turned off in layers) by default if the option is selected. Some of us only use the layer as a supplement to WME layers, and this way we wouldn't have to toggle it off each time we load WME. I like to have it off, and then turn it on (using a hotkey) when I need it.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:20 pm

bedo2991 wrote:There is an extra "new line" here:
"restriction": {
        "strokeColor": "#efc02e",
        "strokeWidth": "2",
        "strok
eDashstyle": "dash"
    },

This works:
{
    "version": "1.0",
    "clutterCostantNearZoom": 350,
    "clutterCostantFarZoom": 410,
    "streets": [
        null,
        {
            "strokeColor": "#fefde8",
            "outlineColor": "#000",
            "strokeWidth": "3",
            "strokeDashstyle": "solid"
        },
        {
            "strokeColor": "#fdfba8",
        },
        {
            "strokeColor": "#676ec6",
            "strokeWidth": "6",
        },
        {
            "strokeColor": "#b3bdb5",
        },
        {
            "strokeColor": "#b1ae9b",
            "strokeDashstyle": "dash"
        },
        {
            "strokeColor": "#42a1bd",
            "strokeWidth": "5",
        },
        {
            "strokeColor": "#69c288",
            "strokeWidth": "4",
        },
        {
            "strokeColor": "#847347",
        },
        null,
        {
            "strokeColor": "#858585",
        },
        null,
        null,
        null,
        null,
        {
            "strokeColor": "#86afab",
            "strokeDashstyle": "dashdot"
        },
        {
            "strokeColor": "#6a6a6a",
        },
        {
            "strokeColor": "#b7bb80",
        },
        {
            "strokeColor": "#ffffff",
        },
        {
            "strokeColor": "#ffffff",
            "strokeDashstyle": "dashdot"
        },
        {
            "strokeColor": "#aaaaaa",
        }
    ],
    "red": {
        "strokeColor": "#ff0000",
    },
    "roundabout": {
        "strokeColor": "#111",
        "strokeWidth": 1,
    },
    "toll": {
        "strokeColor": "#25f5fd",
    },
    "closure": {
        "strokeColor": "#ff0000",
        "strokeWidth": "8",
    },
    "restriction": {
        "strokeColor": "#efc02e",
    },
    "arrowDeclutter": "10",
    "labelOutlineWidth": "3",
    "disableRoadLayers": true
}

Thanks, I as I had my previous backup, but that was copied exactly from the popup, and pasted directly into the script. That means the popup from the update is adding the extra line.

You may rang to update that.

Though I must say it was pretty cool that you prompted for the backup like that.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android
Edit: unless it somehow got corrupted on my machine.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:32 pm

bedo2991 wrote:Version 1.2
  • In the preference menu you can choose whether the layer should be enabled on startup or not.
  • Tunnels are slightly lighter.
  • (from the prev. version, but I forgot to write it) "Street vector layer" is added in the attribution bar.
Couldn't reproduce the "new line" problem in the exporting/importing settings.

it must be one of the settings I have which I changed since my original posted export above is causing it, because when I export now manually, I'm getting the same error.

This is a direct copy of the export string from 1.2
{"version":"1.2.1","clutterCostantNearZoom":"350","clutterCostantFarZoom":"410","streets":[null,{"strokeColor":"#fefde8","outlineColor":"#000","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#fdfba8","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#676ec6","strokeWidth":"6","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#b3bdb5","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#b1ae9b","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#42a1bd","strokeWidth":"5","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#69c288","strokeWidth":"4","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#847347","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},null,{"strokeColor":"#858585","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},null,null,null,null,{"strokeColor":"#86afab","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dashdot"},{"strokeColor":"#6a6a6a","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#b7bb80","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#ffffff","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#000000","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"longdash"},{"strokeColor":"#aaaaaa","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"}],"red":{"strokeColor":"#ff0000","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},"roundabout":{"strokeColor":"#111","strokeWidth":1,"strokeDashstyle":"dash"},"toll":{"strokeColor":"#25f5fd","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},"closure":{"strokeColor":"#ff0000","strokeWidth":"8","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},"restriction":{"strokeColor":"#efc02e","strokeWidth":"2","strok
eDashstyle":"dash"},"arrowDeclutter":"10","labelOutlineWidth":"3","disableRoadLayers":true,"startDisabled":false}
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:57 pm

bedo2991 wrote:Script updated to version 1.3 (requires preferences update)
Changelog
Speed limits!
  • See new options in the Speed limits section in the menu.
  • Show the segments' speed limits using colors
  • Show the segments' speed limits appending it to the street names (this method supports showing two different speedlimits A->B, B->A)

Again I had the issue I copied the JSON string from the update popup, but when I try to import it,it fails. I'm including the exact string I copied below.

{"version":"1.2.6","clutterCostantNearZoom":"350","clutterCostantFarZoom":"410","streets":[null,{"strokeColor":"#fefde8","outlineColor":"#000","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#fdfba8","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#676ec6","strokeWidth":"6","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#b3bdb5","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#b1ae9b","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#42a1bd","strokeWidth":"5","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#69c288","strokeWidth":"4","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#847347","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},null,{"strokeColor":"#858585","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},null,null,null,null,{"strokeColor":"#86afab","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dashdot"},{"strokeColor":"#6a6a6a","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#b7bb80","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#ffffff","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#000000","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"longdash"},{"strokeColor":"#aaaaaa","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"}],"red":{"strokeColor":"#ff0000","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},"roundabout":{"strokeColor":"#111","strokeWidth":1,"strokeDashstyle":"dash"},"toll":{"strokeColor":"#25f5fd","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},"closure":{"strokeColor":"#ff0000","strokeWidth":"8","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},"restriction":{"strokeColor":"#efc02e","strokeWidth":"2","strok
eDashstyle":"dash"},"arrowDeclutter":"10","labelOutlineWidth":"3","disableRoadLayers":true,"startDisabled":true,"showSLcolor":true,"
showSLtext":true}

I was able to get the import to work by removing two line breaks at the end like this manually:
{"version":"1.2.6","clutterCostantNearZoom":"350","clutterCostantFarZoom":"410","streets":[null,{"strokeColor":"#fefde8","outlineColor":"#000","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#fdfba8","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#676ec6","strokeWidth":"6","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#b3bdb5","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#b1ae9b","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#42a1bd","strokeWidth":"5","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#69c288","strokeWidth":"4","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#847347","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},null,{"strokeColor":"#858585","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},null,null,null,null,{"strokeColor":"#86afab","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dashdot"},{"strokeColor":"#6a6a6a","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#b7bb80","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#ffffff","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#000000","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"longdash"},{"strokeColor":"#aaaaaa","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"}],"red":{"strokeColor":"#ff0000","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},"roundabout":{"strokeColor":"#111","strokeWidth":1,"strokeDashstyle":"dash"},"toll":{"strokeColor":"#25f5fd","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},"closure":{"strokeColor":"#ff0000","strokeWidth":"8","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},"restriction":{"strokeColor":"#efc02e","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},"arrowDeclutter":"10","labelOutlineWidth":"3","disableRoadLayers":true,"startDisabled":true,"showSLcolor":true,"showSLtext":true}
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:05 pm

updated WME colors for Fwy and PS for those interested.
{"version":"1.4","clutterCostantNearZoom":"350","clutterCostantFarZoom":"410","streets":[null,{"strokeColor":"#fefde8","outlineColor":"#000","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#f0ea58","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#c577d2","strokeWidth":"6","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#b3bdb5","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#b1ae9b","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#42a1bd","strokeWidth":"5","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#69c288","strokeWidth":"4","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#847347","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},null,{"strokeColor":"#858585","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},null,null,null,null,{"strokeColor":"#86afab","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dashdot"},{"strokeColor":"#6a6a6a","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#b7bb80","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},{"strokeColor":"#ffffff","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},{"strokeColor":"#000000","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"longdash"},{"strokeColor":"#aaaaaa","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"}],"red":{"strokeColor":"#ff0000","strokeWidth":"3","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},"roundabout":{"strokeColor":"#111","strokeWidth":1,"strokeDashstyle":"dash"},"toll":{"strokeColor":"#25f5fd","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"solid"},"closure":{"strokeColor":"#ff0000","strokeWidth":"8","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},"restriction":{"strokeColor":"#efc02e","strokeWidth":"2","strokeDashstyle":"dash"},"arrowDeclutter":"10","labelOutlineWidth":"3","disableRoadLayers":true,"startDisabled":true,"showSLcolor":true,"showSLtext":true,"hideMinorRoads":false}
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:16 am

TheLastTaterTot wrote:
bedo2991 wrote:
TheLastTaterTot wrote:after another script took the alt+l shortcut

Who is this bad guy? :evil:

LOL rickzebel's new WME Lock Level highlighter. I don't even use the add-on, so I now greatly regret having installed it, since I can't get the alt+l shortcut back for the Streets Vector Layer.

Did you try uninstalling the Rick script then reinstalling SVL, and see if it defaults back to using alt+l?

Sent from Android using Tapatalk
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:03 am

TheLastTaterTot wrote:
PesachZ wrote:Did you try uninstalling the Rick script then reinstalling SVL, and see if it defaults back to using alt+l?

I have, but it doesn't work. I think there may be a cookie or something of that sort that has saved my shortcut keys... To get alt+l back for Street Vector Layer, I would have to reset all my shortcuts to the default.

You can try to manually edit the browser local storage the setting I have is in the key
keyboardShortcuts
, and in there the value for SVL I have is
"toggleStreet(Vector)":"4,76",
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:28 am

TheLastTaterTot wrote:That has been what I was looking for! Where do I find that?

You need a way to edit the browser local storage. I use an extension which makes it really simple.
HTML5 Storage Manager All in One
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts