Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by QbanTrucker
As a professional driver I use Waze ALOT, I drive over 700miles a day. Apart from what has been said about the heights also being added another feature that would help is a limit on the distance for whenever you put an address about 800miles away it doesn't acquire all of the reports...maybe the first 100miles, because sometimes it lags and takes forever to 'GO'. I usually also have to switch over to "trucker path" app to check the scales status, I'm sure just like any other report it would be a nice feature to have same way to report a car that's on the shoulder, about the same procedure to report a scale status. Another cool little feature would be a trucker mood and more levels after the 'royalty' to make it more entertaining. I had posted about this on my review but wanted to see what my fellow drivers thought about it.
Thank you for reading
-Joel
QbanTrucker
Send a message

Post by SethCarsten
I LOVE using Waze but is there a way to get it to work better for truckers?? Weight limit warnings or routes around them, weigh stations, truck stops, Low clearance areas. Etc. would even be worth paying extra for if necessary. Right now I'm planning on using waze and a truckers GPS. Waze for traffic updates and road conditions, truck GPS for routes my truck is able to go on.
SethCarsten
Send a message

Post by Shade83
I'm not quite classed as a "professional driver" but I do a significant amount of driving for my job (work alongside Police in UK) and just wanted to say that being able to get reasonably accurate locations when you put in house numbers is enormously valuable, especially when you're trying to find one in the dark and most of the street is poorly numbered! (I'm sure this applies to delivery drivers and transport people too!).

I love that it's something that Waze does pretty well compared to other systems that I've tried (standalone and apps) and I hope you continue to keep up with this, but it would be really nice if, instead of having to navigate to a house number by typing that in first in the search box alongside the street name and town, that you could do it a bit like TomTom does, by putting in the postcode to get the general street area and then choosing the house number once it's got that, as it makes everything a bit quicker.

Other than that I'd love the Windows version to be on a par with the quality of the Android/iOS versions as Windows phones are what the job have decided to go for and I'd rather be using their data tariff than mine! Currently doing a comparison test to recommend to my Police Force, but would be lovely if it was as good as the other versions already. (And I know that support was officially dropped/suspended, just wonder whether there's a bit of a chicken and egg thing - is the pickup not so good because the app is not so good?).
Shade83
Send a message

Post by thefriend
Here is an idea that could be integrated to waze.
I am myself a farm equipment driver and waze user.

http://www.claas.co.uk/fascination-claa ... ty/1417518
thefriend
Send a message

Post by Tib3r1us
Hi guys new to the forum here. I'm a tow truck driver and am looking to find a way to get a list or be alerted on my phone of all current/ newly reported collisions that are happening in my area, based on location or in a city that is input. This would be very helpful as me and others in my company check the maps frequently every day. Any one who can shed some light on this subject would be appreciated thanks Tib3r1us
Tib3r1us
Send a message

Post by world_l7svj7rq
Olestas wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:23 pm
Tib3r1us wrote:Hi guys new to the forum here. I'm a tow truck driver and am looking to find a way to get a list or be alerted on my phone of all current/ newly reported collisions that are happening in my area, based on location or in a city that is input. This would be very helpful as me and others in my company check the maps frequently every day. Any one who can shed some light on this subject would be appreciated thanks Tib3r1us
There might be some third party creations for this.. you better ask in your country forums, maybe someone created something similar
viewforum.php?f=19

We use a website called https://map-alerts.com/ which is able to do exactly this for you. 
They set up a group chat which we manage, so all our drivers are on there, that opt in and out when they need to. 
We get instant notifications within a second or so of it being listed, which has the street name and suburb, along with a link that opens in Waze with the directions on how to get there!

world_l7svj7rq
Send a message

Post by xanderb
Was this meant to be in the Meetup 2017 forum? I would think you can get more results from a different area of the forums.
xanderb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by xanderb
Thanks, that makes more sense. I will try and drum up some traffic.
xanderb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message